- Amazon Students Members Get an Extra 10% Off Selected Books Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
- Also check our best rated Photography Book reviews
Digital Cinematography: Fundamentals, Tools, Techniques, and Workflows Paperback – 16 May 2014
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"David Stump shares decades of sage experience, knowledge, and expertise in cinematography and the filmmaking process. Including insight from various notables in respective fields, Digital Cinematography is an important, engaging book essential to understanding existing theory, tools, and applications for the aspiring and working cinematographer, filmmaker, and those interested in how and what we see."
- Keanu Reeves, Producer, Side by Side; Actor, 47 Ronin; A Scanner Darkly; The Matrix; Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure
About the Author
David Stump, ASC has worked on numerous motion pictures and television productions as Director of Photography, as Visual Effects Director of Photography, and as a Visual Effects Supervisor, garnering Emmy nominations and an Academy Award for Scientific and Technical Achievement. A member of the Producer's Guild of America (PGA), the Visual Effects Society (VES), the Society of Motion Picture & Television Engineers (SMPTE), the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (ATAS), and the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS), Stump has worked in Digital Visual Effects for over 25 years, since the advent of Computer Generated Images for film. In 2001 he was accepted for full membership into the American Society of Cinematographers, where he is currently chairman of the Camera and Metadata Subcommittees of the ASC Technical Committee.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
There's certainly some good (even great) info in this book. I especially enjoyed the section on lenses and camera setup/operation. What I really didn't like was the first half of the book, for me it was painful to slog through that info because of how it was presented, and that was information that I was actually very interested in. For me though, and let me preface this by saying that I have an engineering degree and have had lots of college level math and physics, I would have much preferred much fewer equations and graphs and charts and theorems, and history., and much more qualitative discussion about achieving various results, anecdotes about in-the-field situations etc. But judging by the other reviews, I may be in the minority with that opinion, which is fine.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography
- Books > Computing & Internet > New to Computing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Production & Technology > Cinematography
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Production & Technology > Computers & Film
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Performing Arts
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Television > TV Genres > Animation
- Books > Reference > Consumer Guides