- Paperback: 320 pages
- Publisher: 3DTotal Publishing (9 July 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0956817181
- ISBN-13: 978-0956817181
- Product Dimensions: 1.9 x 21.6 x 27.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (4 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 870,015 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Digital Art Masters: Volume 8 Paperback – 9 Jul 2013
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
3DTotal Publishing3DTotal was founded in 1999 as a simple 3D resource website. Over the last decade the site has evolved into one of the premier CG art websites in the world, offering a variety of training products, an inspirational gallery, a free texture library and hundreds of free tutorials on a variety of subjects. In 2006, 3DTotal entered into partnership with Focal Press and launched the popular book series Digital Art Masters and Digital Painting Techniques. The premise for these books was to provide high quality content that would inspire and educate the next generation of digital artists. Featuring the work of top industry professionals, detailed tutorials and image breakdowns, these series have become firmly established as indispensible resources for any digital artist. After five successful years working with Focal Press, 3DTotal Publishing was launched in early 2010. As well as self-publishing the next volumes in the pre-existing Digital Art Masters and Digital Painting Techniques series, 3DTotal Publishing has launched a number of new titles including: Beginner's Guide to Digital Painting in Photoshop, ZBrush Character Sculpting, and Beginner's Guide to Manga.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 1:26 Mins|
50 artists are included and each one walks you through the process on how they created their artwork. There are examples from different styles of art, such as 3D, landscape, concept art, character designs, etc. It's illuminating to see and read about how the work evolves at each step of the workflow. The artworks included as wonderful.
Siamak Roshani, winner for the Portrait (Rendered) category in EXPOSE 11, also has a tutorial here. Other notable pieces would be the one with angel and death playing cards over someone else's deathbed by Hu Zheng and the hyper realistic 3D render of Bruce Lee by Alexander Beim. There are several sci-fi themed pieces with robots, mechas, spaceships and aliens. It's very impressive showcase of work all around.
The book has 288 pages instead of the 320 that Amazon has listed wrongly.
Highly recommended to digital artists.
(There are more pictures of the book on my blog. Just visit my Amazon profile for the link.)
def comes in handy when coming up with inspiration as well for my personal projects and finding out your own style.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Design Studies > Illustration
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Graphic Arts > Illustration
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Subjects within Art
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Genre > Magic & Fantasy
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Business & Home Office
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > 3-D Graphics > 3D Studio Max
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > 3-D Graphics > Maya
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation