- Audio Download
- Listening Length: 6 hours and 18 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Blackstone Audio, Inc.
- Audible.co.uk Release Date: 26 April 2002
- Language: English
- ASIN: B002SPXFJS
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Differentiate or Die Audio Download – Unabridged
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The style is pithy and concise - like the concept. Everything is in bite sized chunks. There isn't much that is new in terms of thinking, but what makes this worth buying and reading is the examples of the application of this thinking on modern day brands.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
If you need motivation to stay on top in the 21st Century than read this book. All you need to do is look into what your competition is NOT doing and DO that! That one thing you do will make a difference and you will beat the competition. Trout & Rivken's book is about the importance of differentiating yourself from your competitors. Trying to be all things to all people is a mistake. Instead, find a niche and focus your efforts there.
Helpful tips for you from the authors include;
1. Take marketing classes that are up to date in the 21st century
2. Promote what makes you special and different from your competitors
3. Do your marketing and competition research before branding
4. It is okay to get help from experts in your field
5. Stay focused on your message and if things get out of hand, go back to your basic mission statement or elevator pitch
6. Never give up or lose your focus
© 2012 Jackie paulson
As a person using the material in this book, I hesitate to tell how good it is actually. Because if everyone used this then there would be more competition. But it seems plain, not everyone will get the material so I can use it to my own advantage.
In conjunction with "positioning", this is fundamental material that can be used in a very valuable way in marketing or selling. The book clearly explains how homogeneity comes up short. Bill is like Bob. Jill is like Jane. Etc. Who should I buy from? Read the book and find out. Or better yet, think it's not as the positive reviews say and leave all the opportunity for us. This book should be a secret in boardrooms, but you realize while reading it that it's probably not.
They have great suggestions (and warnings) throughout the book:
* If you try to do everything, your brand will lose focus. It will no longer be clear what you are really about.
* Don't be afraid to brag about your accomplishments. Those are a point of differentiation.
* Too much growth can actually be a distraction, moving your focus away from the original message.
* Solid marketing skills and staying open to innovation is a must.
* Think about what makes you different and promote it as a benefit.
Differentiate or Die is an excellent read for any business, whether you are just getting started or have been around for a long time.
I read it and have read it again over 5 times. This book will brand you, whether as the leader in your organization, a salesperson, or whatever position you hold. Think of Apple and you'll think of the company's/product's simplicity and differentiation among its competitors. They successfully did what this book describes in beautiful and easy to read detail. If you can successfully brand yourself, you can do great things.
It DOES, however, mean keep it fresh in the customer's mind which is an elusive cat in itself! The Book on Business from A to Z: The 260 Most Important Answers You Need to Know.