Format: Paperback|Change

on 21 September 2014
This book seemed like it had lots of potential from reading the blurb but it is basically a rehash of advice from glossy magazines, quite boring and preachy in places and little that is her personal story.

Although the advice would work for maintaining weight loss there was very little discussion of how she actually lost the weight other than the fact it took 3 years and involved some slips along the way. There was also no clear diet plan in this book? There is some contradictory advice within it too, in her typical day example she has coffee and a wholegrain biscuit at 7 then a brunch at 10 am but elsewhere says she doesn't eat bread during the week and that biscuits should be avoided. Similarly she argues that restaurants displaying calories is unhealthy and it is all about the quality of food while later she compares treats based on their calorie content.
on 19 May 2014
This is a great book. Lisa's honest throughout is to be commended. She offers good advice, tips etc and really motivated you to sit up and take responsibility for your eating habits.
on 10 September 2014
While I admire what she has done to lose her weight and that this book is written simply with great graphics, this is essentially the same kind of advise that you can get off any weight loss website for free - eat less, eat well, exercise, drink water, write it all down in a journal, etc. etc. Luckily I decided to borrow it from the library and Im so glad I didnt waste my money on it.
on 13 June 2014
Great book...easy read...I love Lisa Fitzpatrick...she's a hard working real woman...she's just cool...I've 7lb gone already and feeling very motivated!!!😃😃😃
on 17 April 2016
Lisa Fitzpatrick has definitely transformed my life, not by making me look at myself negatively but positively. She has helped me see the good points about myself first and also enable me to work on the parts of myself that need to be improved for my health. This book is a great read and a bible for those of us who have been on the yoyo diet for the best part of our lives.
on 9 August 2014
I give it five stars because she deserves it. I recognise all of it because I already know all of it by heart. It will challenge all your "stuff" and what you do about that is down to you.
on 7 November 2014
As a more or less "lifetime dieter" I did not find this book very useful. Probably great for someone starting out on the dieting lark but there was nothing new in it for me.
on 17 April 2015
down to earth information, easy to follow.
on 3 June 2015