Dictionary of Idioms and Their Origins Paperback – 2 Mar 2006
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Linda and Roger Flavell have been studying the oddities of English for over 25 years. Linda has a degree in modern languages and subsequent qualifications in secondary and primary teaching. Roger has many years of experience working for London University's Institute of Education, concerned latterly with education and international development, and with online education. He is now an educational consultant. Linda and Roger Flavell's other books for Kyle Cathie are A Dictionary of English Down the Ages, Dictionary of Word Origins and Dictionary of Proverbs.
Top customer reviews
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
A second copy is earmarked for my French penfriends who uses English...Read more
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Calendars, Diaries & Annuals > Wall Calendars
- Books > Reference > Dictionaries & Thesauri > Synonyms & Antonyms
- Books > Reference > Directories
- Books > Reference > Language
- Books > Reference > Writing > Journalism
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Historical & Comparative Linguistics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Reference