- Paperback: 216 pages
- Publisher: Kyle Cathie; Revised edition edition (2 Mar. 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1856266648
- ISBN-13: 978-1856266642
- Product Dimensions: 13 x 2.5 x 20.1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (42 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 78,918 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Dictionary of Idioms and Their Origins Paperback – 2 Mar 2006
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Linda and Roger Flavell have been studying the oddities of English for over 25 years. Linda has a degree in modern languages and subsequent qualifications in secondary and primary teaching. Roger has many years of experience working for London University's Institute of Education, concerned latterly with education and international development, and with online education. He is now an educational consultant. Linda and Roger Flavell's other books for Kyle Cathie are A Dictionary of English Down the Ages, Dictionary of Word Origins and Dictionary of Proverbs.
Top Customer Reviews
Arrived promptly in brand new condition.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bought as present for my daughter-in-law - hope she loves it. She is from Slovakia and I thought it a good idea so she can understnd our funny English sayings better!!!!Published 7 months ago by Mrs Margaret Arnott
A wonderful book, the like of which I can pick up, browse and put down and return to at any time.
A second copy is earmarked for my French penfriends who uses English in... Read more
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Calendars, Diaries & Annuals > Wall Calendars
- Books > Reference > Dictionaries & Thesauri > Synonyms & Antonyms
- Books > Reference > Directories
- Books > Reference > Language
- Books > Reference > Writing > Journalism
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Historical & Comparative Linguistics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Reference