Dictionary of Idioms and Their Origins Paperback – 2 Mar 2006
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Linda and Roger Flavell have been studying the oddities of English for over 25 years. Linda has a degree in modern languages and subsequent qualifications in secondary and primary teaching. Roger has many years of experience working for London University's Institute of Education, concerned latterly with education and international development, and with online education. He is now an educational consultant. Linda and Roger Flavell's other books for Kyle Cathie are A Dictionary of English Down the Ages, Dictionary of Word Origins and Dictionary of Proverbs.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
It's bad enough trying to explain simple English, but a 'lost cause' trying to explain our idiomatic speech-without the help of such a book. When 'the penny drops' on the quaint meanings behind idiomatic speech, much laughter as well as knowledge is generated.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Calendars, Diaries & Annuals > Wall Calendars
- Books > Reference > Dictionaries & Thesauri > Synonyms & Antonyms
- Books > Reference > Directories
- Books > Reference > Language
- Books > Reference > Writing > Journalism
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Historical & Comparative Linguistics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Reference