Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 October 2011
Despite not being on my course's recommended reading list this book is a must have for any human geography student. The book is well laid out, easy to understand and use. I have yet to have and essay or lecture where i havent found a use for it. For the price i paid i expected the book to be far smaller but it is wonderfully comprehensive. Bar-to-the-gain my fellow geographers!
on 16 October 2015
The absolute must for any human geography student - or any global studies student for that matter. If you want detailed and well written explanations about even the most obscure humanities terms - this is the first port of call. Very useful further reading and related topics discussion with each entry. Very quote-able. Was an expensive purchase for me but has become very valuable to me not only in my studies but just for general reference also. Writing this review in 2015 so there may be a new edition out.......
on 12 January 2011
This book was recommended by a tutor for my BA degree. Its amazing, not only does it give basic definitions/ information, there are suggested readings at the end of most sections. Its quick and easy to find other literature on a chosen subject, I couldn't do without it!
on 10 June 2016
Very useful for university. It should be on all human geography student's reading lists. The dictionary not only explains the content thoroughly, but also gives context, relates to other schools of thought/theories, and links well to the other literature.
on 22 January 2012
I bought this book as part of the recommended reading listed for my undergraduate geography course and it has been extremely helpful. It's the only book I've lifted more than once to help in my understanding while writing an essay or revising for exams and although it doesn't exactly put definitions in simple terms, it does give a lot of information. If this particular book is listed at all in any of your recommended reading lists, I would definitely recommend buying it. It always comes in handy.
on 27 January 2015
Excellent, surprisingly in-depth articles on key concepts in the field. Reviews terms clearly, gives overview and history of how they are used in context of Human Geography, with related issues and critical debates, and recommended further reading. An incredibly well-tailored resource for Human Geographers
on 7 November 2013
There's no doubt the content of this publication is excellent. I've used it many times through the university library, but wanted to have it as an ebook on my iPad for handy reference. The kindle version doesn't have hyperlinks between articles. So, for example, if I read "Public space" and see the link to "Habermas", I need to then search for "Habermas", whereas it would be so much easier to simply click on the word and link through to the article.

Very poor show from the publisher - I certainly wouldn't have bothered spending the £ on this had I known it was no better than a printed book.
on 14 November 2010
I bought this book as recommended by my tutor for my human geography course. I have found it to be very useful when finding a definition with more detail and reliability than the internet
on 3 November 2015
Good book for undergraduate human geographers!
on 29 December 2015
great book and in perfect condition