Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 February 2005
This is a good source of information but I do feel that some of the jargon used to describe each word makes it sometimes hard too understand, as if you need a dictionary to read the dictionary!
Quite a few of my peers have this book as it came recommended by the course tutors but we all feel the same...it needs to be a bit more simple! After all, that is why we needed the book in the first place - we didn't understand the counselling jargon! We kind of ended up feeling even more confused!
on 4 January 2010
Well worth me buying I am studying to become a counsellor, it is very good for writing learning reviews and essays.
I know longer have to keep going to the libary to have my card updated. I would reccomend it to anyone doing a counselling course to buy it from the start it explains alot, although sometimes you do need a degree to understand some of it. On the whole its a great help.
on 22 June 2013
Brilliant book to learn all the words that are used in counselling. It helped me to write up some of my criteria but found many words very hard to pronounce and even understand.
I am now going onto the level 3 and I know this book will help me through and will understand many more words by then!
on 28 November 2010
fantastic book for anyone learning counselling, gives you many for instance words, and tells you what any word used in counselling means. best book i bought for my course
on 12 February 2009
Although maybe not for absolute beginners this dictionary fills a much needed space in the lexicon of psychology. No would-be or qualified counsellor should be without this superb reference book!
on 21 June 2011
The book is very helpful and puts it into user friendly terms and is very easy to use. Well worth the money.
on 1 October 2009
This book is invaluable to those who are counsellors or trainees. I would be lost without it.
on 14 December 2014
A necessity when writing assignments for diploma/degree. Really good
on 5 January 2016
Great for any counselling students, indeed practitioners
on 12 December 2014
A great help for students :)