A Dictionary of British Folk-Tales in the English Language Part A: Folk Narratives Paperback – 5 Sep 1991
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
`No folklore collection can afford to be without these volumes.' - Choice
`This work will be useful in university literature, folklore, history and social history collections and in all libraries as a basic reference source.' - Library Journal
`This enormous, fascinating collection will appeal as much to browsers as to scholars.' - TLS
`A living body of narrative art, a thesaurus of the English imagination.' - The Times
`We are completely in Dr Briggs's debt for this complete, authoritative and seminal canon.' - TES
`A first-rate piece of meticulous scholarship.' - Folklore
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Mythology > Folklore
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > History & Criticism
- Books > Reference > Encyclopaedias
- Books > Science & Nature > History & Philosophy > Reference
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Customs & Folklore > Folklore