on 19 December 2015
Boots were very comfortable from the time I took them out the box, no breaking in required. Brought these as dickies are a recognized brand so expected a long lasting use, how wrong was I after about 5-6 weeks I noticed that one boot the sole was starting to come away from the upper lining, and the upper lining was starting to crack, on the other boot the sole got a hole in it, on closer inspection it looks like when the soles come out of the molds there was some imperfection. I'm really fed up with the lack of quality and amazons returns policy as i only got these boots on the 31st October.
on 14 March 2013
Hard to believe the already great price included next day delivery!
I read some reviews before buying, warning of sizes being on the small side. I also feared that this item might be made in China.
Well... They are made in China. But now I don't care.
I take a size 44 normally. The size 10 ordered fits perfectly. No room for a thick sock, but that's okay. Day one - Really hard to get on. But, of course, these are safety boots. It wouldn't do to have them flapping around. I wore them round the house for a couple of hours to see if they chafed of gave me cramp. No, perfecly comfy. Took the dog out for two hours in the snow and mud. No problem. They're fantastic. I actually bought them just for gardening but they look and feel very good. I shall go to the ball!
Getting them on is easier on day two. You have to use the two loops to pull at them whilst, at the same time, wriggling your foot on a firm base. The loops actually stretch a little bit (for Western digits of size) and the boots are beginning to give. Don't think twice - these are a fantastic bargain.
on 8 August 2017
I am female, and normally take size Uk6 or EU39. So I got Uk6 and they are roomy at the front but its ok as I can wear heavier socks and they have a very good "grip" around the ankles (so no wobbling as in, say most wellington boots); mine appear to be well made - nothing shows after more then two weeks of daily heavy use on an equestrian year. Those are great protecting my toes from ponies and my feets from wet environment (water, wet grass, wet bedding/manure etc). Also, importantly the sole does not "drag" sand/bedding to clean yard's areas (or utility room). As I am very light, they seems heavy after a few hours of wearing, but I am getting use to the additional weight. All in all I am very satisfied and even if they do not last too long, well, will get another pair. One thing though, those are rather not suitable for riding, but I can certain recommend for yard works, especially for kids to protect their feet from accidents. Great boots!
on 28 December 2017
Bought these in February and used them 6+ days a week since, come Christmas I've decided to replace them. At first they are tight to get on but after a week they slip on easy. The sizing is correct, fit a 10 bought a 10. As you can see from the photo I've tested the toe and it works! The soles are good, still plenty of tread left, although they won't stop you sliding in sticky mud or a puddle of engine oil. The soles are heat resistant as well as I've found out by standing on a few red hot fresh welds and only realising by the smell of melting rubber. The uppers and hard wearing, and the steel isn't even showing on the toes despite scuffing, crawling and dropping things on them.

I'm only replacing them as the front of the sole under the toes has started coming off so water will slowly work its way in. Also the steel foot plate has broken off on one of the boots where the sole has started coming off.

Great boots for the price and as I said they've been worn 6+ days a week on a farm. Only reason I'm getting a different boot is because I got a great deal on a more expensive pair! But I'll be keeping these as a spare! Still too good for the bin
review imagereview image
on 23 March 2017
I have had two pairs of these boots and both times they have not lasted more than three months !! RUBBISH
on 14 November 2016
Good comfortable safety boots, I've worn them for the whole weekend - from new, with no rubs or aches......but, a hint for Dickies: If you're going to have a loops at the front and back to help you get the boots on, the loop needs to be big enough to get your finger through. What might be a big enough loop for someone with size 6 feet certainly isn't big enough when you're a size 12 - unless you're that out of proportion that you could hold down a second job in the circus.
on 13 October 2017
I bought one size bigger after reading some reviews and it's now one size too big😂 but not noticeable while wearing. Have these boots a good few months now and they're holding up superbly only wear on them is on the leather above the steel toe, nothing major just a bit scuffed from kneeling down on the toe.
on 1 February 2018
Second pair of these I've purchased, purely as an eventual replacement for the first pair.

They fit well, comfortable to wear and I'm possibly 3.7% more attractive than I was before. Admittedly that's starting from a baseline of zero, but what the hey...

I don't use them for smashing up buildings all day, so cannot comment on their fitness for purpose.

Wud defo bye agen.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 March 2016
Exceptionally small fit. I am a size 9 in every sort of boot/shoe, could not get them on, I would definitely order at least 1 size bigger than your foot size.
Also the initial delivery date of 2 days was then changed to 5 days (after purchase), not ideal as I needed them for work.
on 27 June 2017
I always buy these for my Husband. They're very very hard wearing and he has them on all throughout.the daytime hours.
Excellent price and value for money. The steel cap toe is essential for the protection of the feet.
Very pleased indeed.