Format: Paperback|Change

on 26 August 2009
What can I say? My son waited for this book and promptly read it in 2 evening sessions. He loves the wimpy kid books and is already waiting for the next one. Anything that has them reading and laughing out loud has to be good.... maybe I ought to read it myself!!
on 31 August 2010
My son loves his play station and the telly. It is very difficult to get him to read something and even more difficult finding something he actually enjoys. The Wimpy Kid series, of which the Last Straw was his favourite, are books that he has read without complaining. He even said, after visiting the cinema to watch the film,'It was okay, not as good as the book!' from him praise indeed.Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw
on 18 October 2010
My 9 year old son loved this book! He tends to prefer reading comics but when he got this book he couldn't put it down. This is the first book I think he has read from start to finish - great price too. Would definitely recommend!!
on 16 November 2012
It may or may not be a good book. Can't tell.
In our house we have 3 Kindles and an iPad or two.
But the book won't work on any of the Kindles - so I thought try it on the iPad (v1) - only to find that it doesn't work on that either!
Not impressed.
Come on let's see this stuff a little more universally available.
Tying books to one flavour of Kindle is really going to hack a lot of people off.
on 18 June 2016
I'm posting on behalf of my three children (ages 7-10) who love these Wimpy Kid books, even with their Americanisms. Thankfully, Jeff Kinney has written enough of these books so that all three of them can be engrossed for hours, rotating Kindle/paperbacks between each other.
on 18 November 2009
My son is 11, like most boys he doesn't like reading. This book, like all others in the series, is funny with lots of pictures, and it talks about children about my son's age and things they encountered. My son reads it again & again, and laughs everytime, he also read out to me so I can laugh with him! I think this book + its series are good for encouraging children to read, particularly for those who are not keen in reading. I bought all the books in the series, and my son loves it all and still reading them repeatedly. Can't wait for the next one to come out.
on 25 May 2014
The Diary of a Wimpy Kid series is one filled with fabulous cartoons and interesting story lines. The last Straw blends in just fine. I wouldn`t want to ruin the surprise for you but I would highly recommend this book to all ages. Perfect for reading. My son finished a whole Diary of a Wimpy Kid book in less than one day!
on 24 November 2010
Brilliant book which my 9 year old son wouldn't put down until he'd read it from cover to cover (most unusual!) Amazon was definitely the best price by far and it was delivered on time - what more could you ask!
on 9 February 2014
Great series of books that kept my son reading through a very difficult period of time. Escape or relate with the characters they do become real to the reader & pull them along through their struggles. With some very funny, laugh out loud or must tell some one else about what I just read moments for your child. The films are not quite the same as the books but he still enjoyed them.
on 5 March 2016
I brought this as part of my little brothers christmas present. He loves it! It's also getting him to read more which is a bonus. The delvery was swift and as stated and the book was in mint condition.