The Diary of Samuel Pepys: Volume VI - 1665: 1665 v. 6 Paperback – 26 Feb 2010
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
‘The Latham-Matthews transcription of Pepys’ Diary is one of the glories of contemporary English publishing.’
‘The pleasure of Pepys – of reading him – is his own pleasure in experience… Pepys’ diary is the cheerful self-report, not of the man eminent in naval history, not of the historical witness, but of the unobjectionable hedonist.’
‘Here, in one of the finest feats in all the long history of scholarship, is Pepys’ Diary, once and for all. Exegi monumentum aere perennius.’
‘The editors have achieved the impossible… one can now read the Diary perfectly easily, month by month, year by year… here at last is a really learned edtiion where the learning is put at the disposal of the layman.’
‘It isn’t often that one encounters a publication – especially of this magnitude – which achieves complete perfection, but there is no doubt that this does.’
Sir Arthur Bryant
About the Author
Robert Latham, cbe, ma, fba – Fellow and Pepys Librarian, Magdalene College, Cambridge, and formerly reader in History, Royal Holloway College, University of London.
William Matthews, ma, ph.d, d.lett – Late Professor of English, University of California, Los Angeles, and Fellow of Birkbeck College, University of London.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Essays, Journals & Letters
- Books > Biography > Historical > 1501-1700
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > Tudors & Stuarts: 1501-1700
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Europe
- Books > Biography > Historical > United States
- Books > Biography > Political > Britain
- Books > Biography > Political > United States
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Ireland
- Books > History > Cultural History > London
- Books > History > Essays, Journals, Letters & True Accounts > 16th-18th Centuries