Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£7.12

on 29 November 2010
A few quotes that summarize my takeaway from this diamond-like book:

'At a certain point, you recognize that you don't understand a thing, and you experience a moment of surrender. The paradox is that, as soon as you surrender the need to understand, you do understand; and the moment you think you do understand, you don't understand.
In your willingness right now, it this moment, to relinquish all understanding, all that you ever searched for through understanding is revealed.'

'If you are searching for a safe, comfortable life, then the freedom I am pointing to is not for you.
If you have read this far in the book, then you probably already know that.
The invitation to accept the diamond of life is not an invitation to safety and comfort.
It is an invitation to live fully and completely, which is never safe and is often uncomfortable.'

'The only obstacle to realizing the truth of who you are is thinking who you are'

' Call off the search'

'Stop'
on 20 August 2011
A good follow-up if you have read Sri Ramana Maharshi. Be aware that this is not a "How to" book but rather a description of how it all is. I still recommend it to any inquiring mind that wants to go beyond mind.
on 2 August 2012
I had this book on my shelves for the past year and could not take to it, it just could not keep my interest. But I had an impulse to pick it up again and this time, wow the book connected at such a deep inner level where I was crying and laughing at the truth within these pages. It seems t have shifted something in me and I am now enjoying listening and reading more of Gangaji's teachings, she is down to earth and seems to convey her message in a way that connects with me. Thank you.
on 3 January 2015
if you are on any kind of inner search, and want help along the way, Gangaji's your lady, and I strongly urge you to read The Diamond In Your Pocket. I first read it years ago and still dip in now and then. Recently I bought if for my daughter, who seems to be getting a great deal from it.

I hope it helps you
on 30 October 2015
This is a gorgeous book full of insight. It is worth its weight in diamonds. My only wish is that it was published under the authors western name rather than Gangaji - if I had spotted this book earlier in my life I know I would have been put off because of inbred bias against new age mumbo jumboism. This book is too important to miss - a bit like condensed Eckhart Tolle. It is in fact life changing.
on 12 September 2013
I read this book after I noticed the endorsement from Eckhart tolle, as his books started me on my spiritual path. This book offers the Same enlightened journey. It is a very challenging read. What impressed me the most is that this book challenges your own beliefs about yourself, why you are on a spiritual path and what you really think about yourself an your life. If this is read properly, it can tear down a lot of Walls that may have kept you from attaining true freedom. That being said, it can be quite emotionally testing. But that is one of the purposes of this book. I found myself having to read through many passages several time to get clear understanding. I would recommend this to anyone who is serious about discovering the truth about yourself.
on 10 January 2012
"The Diamond in Your Pocket" includes conversations that Gangaji has had with her students as she traveled worldwide to share the teachings. This beautiful book points to the resolution of psychological suffering, so that we may realize joy and ever-present fulfillment.

When we insist on pretending to be a separated someone, we live the misery and confusion of this disconnection, regardless of the life circumstances. In our search for happiness, we are looking for joy in all the wrong places. The only true answer is to realize who you really are. Gangaji continuously points that awakening to this truth is totally accessible to every human being, when we are willing to be present and directly investigate. This truth is merely waiting for your undivided attention.

The book is divided into four parts: Part I, "The Invitation ~ Discovering the Truth of Who You Are; Part II, "Beyond the Mind, Deeper than Emotion; Part III, "Unraveling the Knot of Suffering; and Part IV, "Choosing Peace."

"The Diamond in Your Pocket" is a powerful and clear guide to "discovering your true radiance."

Katie Davis, Author, "Awake Joy"
on 23 January 2014
Gentle and quite to the point of the issue throughout ! A must read for all who are in the search and in the heart !
on 8 August 2011
I found this book way to long. There are a few diamonds to be found but you have to wade through a lot of new age waffle and psycho-babble to get there.
on 22 February 2014
My mum is interested in 'alternative' culture, and enjoyed reading this book, so I can recommend it for others of a similar disposition!