- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Diagnosis and Treatment of Pain Vertebral Origin Hardcover – 1 Jan 1996
Special offers and product promotions
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
This book has been more beneficial than other books I bought at the time, such as Manual Medicine (Dvorak); Spinal Manipulation (Bourdillon, Day, Bookhout), Joint Structure and Function (FA Davies), and so on. A recent book available on Amazon on "Spinal Manipulation made Simple" by Maitland is more for the lay person than for practitioners, although one learns something from every book, including Maitland's.
This book is profusely illustrated with diagrams and photographs of procedures performed on professional models of both sexes. The text is well translated from the original French. All concepts are well explained.
This book can be summarised as a book on pinched nerves. Many of my patients have been saved from unnecessary procedures and operations as a result of my reading the book. The many diagrams mean I can turn to the appropriately flagged page and show it to the patient. I can turn to page 395 and the patient who was just diagnosed with a cyst in the pelvis stops worrying so much about the pubic pain. She can see the pain could come from L2 or L3. A simple lumbar manipulation procedure (from end chapters of the book on techniques) relieves the pain, and relieves the psychological stress of the patient. The two pictures and a photograph on page 395 says it all.
There is not much on isometric exercises, which are in any event temporary fixes. The stretching manoeuvres of chiropracters do not receive coverage in this book.
I am getting cynical over new editions of proven texts. I doubt if this distillation of a lot of wisdom can be improved in any material way. I stand to be corrected and would be the first to rush to get the 2nd edition if information on additional material is given. The material cannot be "revised". This book worked for me for a decade and a half. Grateful patients have been my greatest reward from this book.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Complementary Medicine > Chiropractic & Osteopathy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Ancillary Services > Physiotherapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Neurology & Clinical Neurophysiology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Anaesthetics
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Surgery
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Neurology
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Orthopaedic & Fractures
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Physiotherapy
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Orthopaedic & Fractures
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Physiotherapy