- Platform: Windows XP / Vista / 7, Mac OS X
- BBFC Rating: Suitable for 15 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 15. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 15 years of age or over.
- Media: DVD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD)
|Price:||£15.46 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
- Create a male or female hero from one of five distinct classes - barbarian, witch doctor, wizard, monk, or demon hunter
- Each is equipped with an array of spells and abilities
- As these heroes adventure through rich and varied settings, they'll grow in experience and ability and acquire items of incredible power
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Diablo III is the definitive action role-playing game, and a true continuation of the Diablo series.
Players will create a male or female hero from one of five distinct classes - barbarian, witch doctor, wizard, monk, or demon hunter - each equipped with an array of spells and abilities. As these heroes adventure through rich and varied settings, unraveling an epic storyline and engaging in combat with hordes of monsters and challenging bosses, they’ll grow in experience and ability and acquire items of incredible power.
The game takes place on Sanctuary, a world of dark fantasy. Unbeknownst to most of its inhabitants, Sanctuary was saved some twenty years ago from the demonic forces of the underworld by a few brave and powerful heroes. Most of those warriors who directly faced the armies of the Burning Hells - and were fortunate enough to survive - went mad from their experiences. And most of the others have buried their haunted memories and pushed the horrors from their thoughts. In Diablo III, players will return to Sanctuary to confront evil in its many forms once again.
Diablo III will be a fitting sequel to Diablo II, with the easy interface, fast-paced action, and visceral gameplay that Diablo players have come to expect and enjoy. It will also include many new features that will take the Diablo action-RPG experience to the next level.
- Five powerful character classes to choose from, including the barbarian, witch doctor, wizard, monk, and demon hunter.
- Brand-new 3D graphics and physics engines enhanced with spectacular visual effects.
- Numerous indoor and outdoor areas detailing new regions in the world of Sanctuary.
- Completely unedited and uncut gameplay.
- Interactive environments with dangerous traps and obstacles, and destructible elements.
- Randomly generated worlds bolstered by scripted events for endless and dynamic gameplay.
- Vast assortment of fiendish monsters, with unique attack patterns and behaviours.
- New quest system and character-customization options for the ultimate action RPG experience.
- New runestone items that let players change how their abilities look and function, allowing for nearly limitless skill customisation.
- Multiplayer functionality over Battle.net with support for cooperative and competitive play.
- Four different difficulty settings - Normal, Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno - that progressively increase the challenge and reward players with more powerful armor, weapons, and runestones.
- Hardcore mode for players who seek the thrill of constant peril that comes with the possibility of permanent death for their character.
PLEASE NOTE: Diablo III requires an always-on Internet connection for both single and multiplayer games.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Even my tempered expectations for this game however have not really been met. Don't get me wrong, I think that it has its place in the gaming industry, but when compared to other games currently on the market, there just isn't enough to it, nor are some of the core elements of it actually functioning as I believe they were intended.
This game is primarily built on nostalgia. I loved that. There is so much of the old games in this new one that there wasn't such a great leap, and you certainly KNOW you are playing a Diablo game. It has the same style of play, the same camera angle, the same way the maps work, but the graphics are updated to modern standards, and I was really impressed with that. So many games these days have dumped the old gaming history dealt out by Baldurs Gate and Icewind Dale, and indeed Diablo and Diablo 2, but this game is certainly living up to that without it feeling dated right now.
One thing should be mentioned is that you don't get to customize your character, at all, except in what way you dye your gear, or what you put on. There is no way, even minimally, to change how your character looks. I was disappointed at first by that, but as soon as you start the game it becomes obvious why that is the case. They have made stories for each of the classes, and the voiceovers and stories with them are illustrated.Read more ›
I have Diablo and Diablo 2. Played Diablo 2 and finished hell level. Played softcore, hardcore as well as PvP.
Overall, I'm going to say this: THIS GAME IS NOT FUN TO PLAY. What game can be considered good if it's not fun?
Note: mobs - monsters
Plus of this game:
1. More hints to help you move along the game. More idiot-proof (too much guidance in my opinion, but some players may like it)
2. Relatively enjoyable cutscenes, though it's repeated for every character class with little variation. Both genders offered for each of the 5 character classes.
3. Bigger stash, shared among characters so transferring between characters is easier. Items take up less space compared to previous games.
4. References to older games which many players can identify with.
5. Abilities are more impressive, lots of explosions and earth shaking attacks.
Minus of this game:
1. IT IS NOT FUN TO PLAY. This is the biggest problem. Save yourself the anguish and go play some other game that's fun to play. I believe most gamers expect to at least finish the game and enjoy it while doing so. This is the biggest problem with this game - balance. The game has not been play-tested properly and sufficiently for balance. Some mobs are relatively meek but others are downright impossible to go up against. Elite mobs are more difficult than bosses.
2. Part of the fun in Diablo and Diablo 2 is in finding nice items (loot) when killing mobs. The items drops in this game are bad enough that I did not find a single legendary item (highest level item type) after completing the game in normal, nightmare and hell difficulty. Many other gamers reported the same experience.Read more ›
The game is beautiful to look at and a visual pleasure to play in. The environments are meticulously rendered and yet they loose none of their details when zoomed in or acted upon. Blowing up tree trunks or exploding bodies of enemies is both fun and physically accurate. Sure, some heads or pieces of wood can be seen to spin for too long, but that is part of the game's appeal, right? You are become Death, the destroyer of Worlds!
YOUR CHORD SOUNDS FAMILIAR
The sounds are better than the music but they are both quite well made. What I found strange was that, at least once, throughout Act I, the background music clearly reminded me of the main theme from Baldur's Gate. Let's chalk this one off as ...tribute.
GRINDING BUILDS CHARACTER.
The bad news is that it builds exactly the same kind of character for everyone. There are no choices when leveling up. Everything eventually gets unlocked for you and you only get to choose what 4 skills to use and which runes to combine with each one.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The £10 lightning deal seemed at first to be a bargain, but after playing about 3mins i detested it. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Wizo
This game is pretty split, half thinks it is a great entry to the diablo franchise but other half are in dissapointment and yea I agree, this game sucks. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Amazing game it's the sequel i always wanted.
Love everything blizzard and if you liked diablo 2 this is a good sequel that will bring back all the old feelings and they... Read more
not sure about all the negative reviews. This is a fantastic game from a fantastic producer. Pretty much every game Blizzard ever produced has a solid fan base and is really really... Read morePublished 2 months ago by John