Diablo III (PC/Mac DVD)
|Price:||£15.50 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
- Create a male or female hero from one of five distinct classes - barbarian, witch doctor, wizard, monk, or demon hunter
- Each is equipped with an array of spells and abilities
- As these heroes adventure through rich and varied settings, they’ll grow in experience and ability and acquire items of incredible power
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Platform: Windows XP / Vista / 7, Mac OS X
- BBFC Rating: Suitable for 15 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 15. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 15 years of age or over.
- Media: DVD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
Diablo III is the definitive action role-playing game, and a true continuation of the Diablo series.
Players will create a male or female hero from one of five distinct classes - barbarian, witch doctor, wizard, monk, or demon hunter - each equipped with an array of spells and abilities. As these heroes adventure through rich and varied settings, unraveling an epic storyline and engaging in combat with hordes of monsters and challenging bosses, they’ll grow in experience and ability and acquire items of incredible power.
The game takes place on Sanctuary, a world of dark fantasy. Unbeknownst to most of its inhabitants, Sanctuary was saved some twenty years ago from the demonic forces of the underworld by a few brave and powerful heroes. Most of those warriors who directly faced the armies of the Burning Hells - and were fortunate enough to survive - went mad from their experiences. And most of the others have buried their haunted memories and pushed the horrors from their thoughts. In Diablo III, players will return to Sanctuary to confront evil in its many forms once again.
Diablo III will be a fitting sequel to Diablo II, with the easy interface, fast-paced action, and visceral gameplay that Diablo players have come to expect and enjoy. It will also include many new features that will take the Diablo action-RPG experience to the next level.
- Five powerful character classes to choose from, including the barbarian, witch doctor, wizard, monk, and demon hunter.
- Brand-new 3D graphics and physics engines enhanced with spectacular visual effects.
- Numerous indoor and outdoor areas detailing new regions in the world of Sanctuary.
- Completely unedited and uncut gameplay.
- Interactive environments with dangerous traps and obstacles, and destructible elements.
- Randomly generated worlds bolstered by scripted events for endless and dynamic gameplay.
- Vast assortment of fiendish monsters, with unique attack patterns and behaviours.
- New quest system and character-customization options for the ultimate action RPG experience.
- New runestone items that let players change how their abilities look and function, allowing for nearly limitless skill customisation.
- Multiplayer functionality over Battle.net with support for cooperative and competitive play.
- Four different difficulty settings - Normal, Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno - that progressively increase the challenge and reward players with more powerful armor, weapons, and runestones.
- Hardcore mode for players who seek the thrill of constant peril that comes with the possibility of permanent death for their character.
PLEASE NOTE: Diablo III requires an always-on Internet connection for both single and multiplayer games.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Even my tempered expectations for this game however have not really been met. Don't get me wrong, I think that it has its place in the gaming industry, but when compared to other games currently on the market, there just isn't enough to it, nor are some of the core elements of it actually functioning as I believe they were intended.
This game is primarily built on nostalgia. I loved that. There is so much of the old games in this new one that there wasn't such a great leap, and you certainly KNOW you are playing a Diablo game. It has the same style of play, the same camera angle, the same way the maps work, but the graphics are updated to modern standards, and I was really impressed with that. So many games these days have dumped the old gaming history dealt out by Baldurs Gate and Icewind Dale, and indeed Diablo and Diablo 2, but this game is certainly living up to that without it feeling dated right now.
One thing should be mentioned is that you don't get to customize your character, at all, except in what way you dye your gear, or what you put on. There is no way, even minimally, to change how your character looks. I was disappointed at first by that, but as soon as you start the game it becomes obvious why that is the case. They have made stories for each of the classes, and the voiceovers and stories with them are illustrated.Read more ›
My biggest problem with the game and why I lost interest after a while was that everything was centred around the auction house, and for a casual gamer like me it was awful. In order to get decent equipment, crafting materials or blacksmith plans you needed to go to the auction house. The loot drops were farcacal, so much so that after playing with all 5 characters and levelling 4 of them up to level 60 I didnt have any legendary loot or items of real worth to show. I had to go to the auction house to get my gear, which in turn meant having to spend alot of gold (or real money) which in turn made the game a grind and i felt i was just playing the game to earn gold to spend in the auction house. The loot drops for my characaters were so weak and not suited for the character class that i had no choice or the game became too hard as i moved up the difficulty or participated in multiplayer.
Fast forward to patch 2.0 and what a difference. No more auction house, the loot drops are fantastic and relevant to the character class. Having spent a couple of hours on each character I have already had multiple legendary drops, various (inc a green very rare) blacksmith plans, and every other item dropped has stats which are relevent to the class being played. This is the way the game should have been from the beginning, its actually a joy to play now and loot hunting is my favorite aspect. There are also some other minor tweaks too. I would say to anyone who has played this game casually in the past like me but put off to give it another try, I guarantee you will see a difference.
The game is beautiful to look at and a visual pleasure to play in. The environments are meticulously rendered and yet they loose none of their details when zoomed in or acted upon. Blowing up tree trunks or exploding bodies of enemies is both fun and physically accurate. Sure, some heads or pieces of wood can be seen to spin for too long, but that is part of the game's appeal, right? You are become Death, the destroyer of Worlds!
YOUR CHORD SOUNDS FAMILIAR
The sounds are better than the music but they are both quite well made. What I found strange was that, at least once, throughout Act I, the background music clearly reminded me of the main theme from Baldur's Gate. Let's chalk this one off as ...tribute.
GRINDING BUILDS CHARACTER.
The bad news is that it builds exactly the same kind of character for everyone. There are no choices when leveling up. Everything eventually gets unlocked for you and you only get to choose what 4 skills to use and which runes to combine with each one.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Dissapointing game, they got it all wrong from the beginning and took ages to get it right. A bit too late.
Fast delivery though, thank you!
Diablo was one of the games that I was anxiously waiting to play since its launch but wasn't able to afford it. Read morePublished 23 days ago by Khizar Tareen
very satisfied really prompt and well packaged excellent condition would use again no problemPublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
if you love mayhem in your games & love collecting stuff & leveling up then this is the best of the bestPublished 3 months ago by andy
Love the game, Always been a fan of the series. Money well spent.Published 4 months ago by Novatchyk