on 29 August 2017
I've had this a little over a year, just outside of warranty now, and I've started to have problems with it. The saw raises and lowers on bearings on a smooth rod on one side, and a threaded rod on the other. The bearings on the smooth rod can bind up over time, making it almost impossible to raise and lower. The ideal solution would probably be to clean off any sawdust and use a dry lubricant spray, but if you're stuck you can use regular oil. It'll pick up sawdust even quicker, but it can get into the bearings by working it back and forth, so this works ok to save it if it's hopelessly stuck, like mine was.

Outside of the problems, it's reasonably priced for a good quality table saw. My previous one to this was a £100 model which ended up going straight in the bin. It also takes up a very small amount of space, but you can build it into a larger unit pretty easily.
7 people found this helpful
on 25 August 2015
This really is a great saw. I bought it for trimming solid wood flooring (along the planks) to fit the edge pieces. But since then i used it for loads of other things. I already have a good quality Makita Compound mitre, so really for long cuts, but perfect. Looked at the reviews which question its accuracy (saying its only good for ripping). My experience is it is very accurate. When i care I use the advice of the review which suggests ensuring you get to position and then ensure you turn back on it, but never had any problems.

I bought the cross-stand (DE7450) rather than the wheeled stand. Although arguably easier to move the wheeled one its nearly twice as much and actually this is easy to take down and move. Also extremely stable. I did go for getting some cotterless pins but it is really very stable without the bolts of pins in (but for safety).
8 people found this helpful
on 5 May 2018
WOW! T’is a beast. Upon hearing this monster roar for the first time I felt a little intimidated but quickly realised the controls are quite intuitive. The fence locks solid enough for me to be able to gently pull the saw’s 22kg’s along the kitchen table where it currently resides, the wife now hates me, hehehe. The tilting and lifting mechanism’s for the the blade are easily accessible and can be operated with one hand. The push stick storage space is perfectly positioned on the rear of the fence where it is easily and quickly accessible. The writhing knife seemed at first a little tricky to install but upon visiting the greatest of all instruction manuals, YouTube, I quickly realised it was as simple as loosening a nut by about 5mm and then pushing that nut back in which released a pin and allowed the writhing knife to be slotted into place. This saw gets a huge thumbs up from me and I could easily recommend it to anyone looking quality table saw.
on 31 March 2018
This is my first table saw and overall I am very pleased with it. It cuts very smoothly and is easily configurable. I have two minor grumbles with with the device.

Firstly, the mitre gauge that comes with it is pretty poor and it's a bit galling that after spending this much money I have had to splash out more for a decent one (I recommend the Incra 1000SE). I wouldn't necessarily mark it down for this but it is a niggle.

Secondly, the Dewalt blade that came pre-fitted with the device was excessively tightened. It took quite a lot of penetrating oil and judicious use of force to loosen it. At one point I thought I might need to return the device to Amazon (not a trivial task in itself).

Other than these two points it's a great piece of kit.
on 15 November 2017
Love it. This is a great tool. I spent a bit more than I meant too when I decided to get this saw but I do not regret the extra. You are getting a good bit of kit here. I am a hobbyist but I think it is used day in/day out by professionals and it will take the stick.

I would say to the makers that a bigger off switch would be good. I would recommend getting a finer toothed blade if you are using it to cut boards but for ripping through stock it is superb.
on 6 May 2018
Having owned an entry point table saw, and struggled with its inadequacies for a couple of decades, the motor stopped. So now we knew what was important to us in a table saw. Despite deep rooted faith in Makita and Bosh being a strong contender, we finally settled on the DEWALT.
What a joy it is to use, we couldn’t stop laughing as it effortlessly and accurately ripped 3.6m of 2” x 4” down the middle. The fence stayed perfectly parallel to the blade. Setting it via the calibrated rule is a breeze, dust extraction actually works. There are comfortable handholds for carrying it and blade angle/ depth, locking are very quick and easy. The only criticism is that the on/off buttons are a bit too hidden underneath. Without doubt, it’s value for money and quality makes the price worth paying.
on 2 June 2018
Great saw. Unfortunately the plastic knob that controls the movement of the rip fence was broken on arrival but supplier quickly sent out a replacement. This could not have broken in the box so must have left the assembly line like that which raises some QC questions. Other than that the saw required no real set up and blade is dead parallel with rip fence.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 9 January 2018
Great saw! Very effective, but do install the safety guard as soon as you get - it's a bit of a beast!!
on 29 November 2017
Thought i'd treat myself and buy one of the top make power tools, Im very pleased with this saw, it cuts true and with ease. love it
on 9 April 2016
Brought it when I was on a trip to England and returned home to Spain with it in my car. On unpacking it was found to be damaged. Amazon rose to the challenge and arrange to pay for the parts that were required to repair it. I now have a fully working Table Saw that I am very happy with.
3 people found this helpful