Devolo dLAN Highspeed II (HomePlug) Network Kit - (3x plugs)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Perfectly informed with the new, clearly arranged 3-LED status display
- Reduced energy consumption thanks to the patented power save mode: energy consumption is reduced by 30% in standby mode
- Long range of 200 m (656) in buildings-dLAN works in every room, anywhere in the building
- High transfer rates of up to 85 Mbps thanks to the HomePlug technology
- Setting up your home network is easy with additional network-compatible devices such as network printers or NAS hard drives and the dLAN adaptors by devolo
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
devolo dLAN® Highspeed Ethernet II: The new generation of high-speed HomePlug adapters connects your computers and expands your Internet connection into every room of the house over the electrical wiring. Now with patented power save mode and new design with 3 LEDs.
- Network your computers (Mac/PC) and other network devices quickly and easily over the electrical wiring;
- High transfer rates of up to 85 Mbps;
- No configuration is necessary—plug it in and enjoy;
- Perfectly informed with the new, clearly arranged 3 LED status display;
- Reduced energy consumption thanks to the patented power save mode: energy consumption is reduced by 30% in standby mode;
- Long range of 200 m (656") in buildings—dLAN® works in every room, anywhere in the building;
- User-friendly software for PC (Windows XP / Windows Vista), Mac and Linux allows individual password assignment for even more security.
The new generation of high-speed HomePlug adapters connects your computers and brings the Internet into every room of the house over the electrical wiring. Now with patented power save mode and new, clearly arranged 3-LED design.
With the new devolo dLAN® Highspeed Ethernet II, setting up your home network is a breeze—and you will not even have to bother with installing cables. Unlike wireless networks (WLAN), thick walls and long distances make no difference to HomePlug. The HomePlug technology uses the household electrical wiring as if it were a long network cable—offering a range of up to 200 m (656"). Fast and secure surfing on the Internet with high transfer rates of up to 85 Mbps and DESpro encryption. No complex configuration is required for installation: plug the adapter into the power outlet, connect it to your computer via the network cable and you are ready to go! Now you can expand your home network at any power outlet in the house using additional adapters. Configuration software for PC (Windows XP, Vista), Mac and Linux is also available for advanced users. The user-friendly software allows individual password assignment for even more security. The dLAN® Highspeed Ethernet II is fully compatible with first-generation dLAN® adapters (14 or 85 Mbps); devolo offers a 3-year warranty.
Certification: EN 60950-1:2006\nEN 55022:2006\nEN 50412-2-1
Colour of product: Blue
Compatible operating systems: Windows XP, Vista, Linux, Mac OS X
Connectivity technology: Wired
Data transfer rate (max): 85 Mbit/s
Dimensions (WxDxH): 66 x 41 x 82 mm
Ethernet LAN: Yes
Host interface: Ethernet
Link/Act LED: Yes
Mac compatibility: Yes
Maximum operating distance: 200 m
Operating temperature (T-T): 0 - 40 °C
Other network protocols supported: CSMA/CD
Plug and Play: Yes
Power consumption: 60 mA
Power consumption (typical): 4.5 W
Security algorithms: DES
Weight: 125 g
Top Customer Reviews
Two things worth noting:
1) You are supposed to have them plugged into the mains sockets and not on multipoint extension leads. Well I have both my current ones plugged into extention leads and there is no issue but that is not to say it will work for everybody.
2) You have to make sure that all the sockets are on the same ring main otherwise they cannot talk across rings. I have noticed that this is a problem so before you startt b laming the plugs for not working, make sure you know how your house is wired up!
The set-up is the most straightforward I have ever come across and in 2 minutes we had internet in every room of the house, and in the workshop 50 metres down the garden outside. Simply amazing.
The only necessity is that the whole house is on the same main ring circuit; i.e. you have one consumer box/trip switches board and not two. The standard house circuit has two subsidary rings, one upstairs and one downstairs connected by the one consuming box. However as long as it's all going through the one box (i.e. coming from the one place) you'll have no problem using this product.
It waits to be seen whether transfer rates will dip once several computers are running at once. It sounds like the reviewer who had a power shortage in his house and thus couldn't get the product to work was just unlucky. For everyone else this is an absolute must. I cannot recommend it highly enough.
The units I received do not operate at the speeds they're advertised to run at. Max speed with FTP transfer, Windows to Linux is 15Mbps (the speed of their cheaper model). The devolo plugs were on the same extension block inches from each other.
I went back and forth with Devolo support over this. One of their support engineers told me the network protocol overheads take up 50% of the transfer data. If that's the case how can these be advertised as 85mbps units?
I'm getting my money back and going for another brand.
I now run two PCs in an adjoining building, both of which access the interest via an ethernet cable and Devolo plug via standard three-pin UK plugs. I have a BTHomeHub which also connects my laptop and another PC wirelessly. I use MicroSoft Windows (different versions on each machine) and had no problems with using MicroSoft networking facility to copy and paste, view files etc.
An excellent product and well worth the money.
These are simply plug and play ! No setup required, a newt workers dream !
I have got reports from all of the plugs. They all run roughly at 76 MBPS which is brilliant, not far off the 85 max.
They also turn off and go onto power save when the Ethernet port has not detected a device which is also another redeeming feature.
If you want a decent home plug then buy these because they are simply the best ! WOW !!!
Some extra research that helped was the other reviews that people had put on about this product - namely that the product doesn't work across two Mains Rings. Once I understood that, it was "as it says on the box" PLUG & PLAY!
If a reader has an older laptop, they may experience problems switching from Wi-Fi to the plugged internet from Devolo, i would recommend you allow Windows Trouble-shooting do its stuff. I didn't have to load any drivers or my Sky set-up cd-rom for it to work first time, my husband's older (and cheaper) lappie had some problems but perseverance won the day. He can't complain about the drop-out now - there is NONE!
20th January 2013: Added a NAS storage device to our home LAN over Christmas. Consequently bought more of these to cope with the added "addresses". Works perfectly!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
this is the best way to connect to your wi-fi if you have signal problems.Published 12 months ago by Stephen Rawcliffe
These are ideal for internet connection around the house work very well.Published 14 months ago by clucas
Usually reliable, works in most situations without any hassle and easy to set up. The speed has been superseded by the (white) Devolo models, which have triple Ethernet inputs. Read morePublished 15 months ago by A. Webb
I've been using these since 2010 and still going strong. Linking up the router to an upstairs office and a server room. No problems at all. Read morePublished 22 months ago by Ed Meister