Development and Reproduction in Humans and Animal Model Species Hardcover – 23 Jan 2015
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
“This English language textbook is a translation and updating of the fifth German edition. Production is excellent with a readable text, copious figures, and a detailed index. … the volume does contains 50 pages of references organized by chapter topics. … Much of the material is on human development … with other animals used as model species.” (Brian K. Hall, The Quarterly Review of Biology, Vol. 91 (1), March, 2016)
From the Back Cover
This book describes human development including sexual reproduction and stem cell research with the development of model organisms that are accessible to genetic and experimental analysis in readily understandable texts and 315 multi-colored graphics. The introductory account of model organisms selected from the entire animal kingdom presents general principles, which are then outlined in subsequent chapters devoted to, for example, sexual development; genes controlling development and their contemporary molecular-analysis methods; production of clones and transgenic animals; development of the nervous and circulatory systems; regenerative medicine and ageing. Finally the evolution of developmental toolkits and novelties is discussed including the genetic basis of the enlargement of the human forebrain.
Separate boxes are devoted to controversial questions such as the benefits and problems of prenatal diagnostics or the construction of ancient body plans.See all Product description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Physiology
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Biological Science
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Genetics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Basic Medical Science > Physiology