on 28 May 2016
I loved this game, which I play on X Box One. It gave me endless hours searching out the story and backgrounds, especially the computer emails by the hundreds. The AI interactions are much more intuitive and empathy based, rather than having to select specific sentences, which, to me, is wonderful, as in other games these sentences never represented what I would have chosen to say. Its a great story - do not look it up on the internet before playing - and its more like reading a book than just playing a 'shooter'. However I did cheat by downloading most of the passwords etc online, as I am not a great gamer or very smart, and as the emails make up so much of your first time play through, it is really worth spending the endless hours reading them. I found it quite an emotional game to take part in, as it raises many ethical questions that are more in the public domain in 2016, than they were in 2011 . The graphics, even now, were clearly designed to use the power of PC, as seeing it played now on You Tube videos on PC in 2011 the visuals are clearly way superior to either X Box models in 2016. The Directors Cut version gives you another couple of levels and more information, plus slightly different Boss Fights, but either version is great to play. Oh, and if you do like it at the start, then plan on having no social life until you have completed the game, which could take a long time. The thought of this game being re released in a VR version gives me goosebumps ! Fantastic game, by a fantastic team.
on 6 February 2013
Deus ex- Human revolution is a genuine sneak 'em up. but it affords the ability to be a straight up shooter at the same time.
The Pros-
It looks Fantastic!
It plays very well.
The weapons and upgrades are cool as anything
The story is better than most hollywood blockbusters.
A lot of gametime
upgrade tree means you'll want to play through twice in a different manner.

the cons-
the bosses (will take multiple times to defeat if you've got it on anything other than easy)
Bosses (come on, this is the 21st century boss levels really?)
saving (the autosaves are just too far apart meaning a death can result in playing sections over and over again).
Loading (certain times it will save about a second before you die meaning that you can load a game to die GREAT!)
the map is quite confusing and lacking in "icons".

the conclusion-
for it's price now it's worth getting and my brief review covers the basics but they are what i consider important in a game. it could have been perfect this game but little things let it down like the bosses (to me it's just a personal issue bosses should be left in the 2D realm or the 90's not in a spy/sneak game) and the saving problems. besides these issues the game is satisfying to play especially when you can take out a warehouse full of goons without any of them realising you are there. other elements to the gameplay other than the sneaking (which can be improved with upgrades) like the hacking mini game, which at first can be confusing but once you understand it, it becomes quite addictive. the weapons are pretty standard with a few exceptions like stun guns and dart guns, but all can be upgraded. the story is interesting and will reel you in the more you are exposed to it and is truly a driving force that makes you carry on playing. for the price now, if you have been tempted by this game, then i recommend you buy it.
on 22 November 2012
Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a first-person RPG Adventure with stealth and shooter gameplay. Set in a dystopian futuristic metropolis environment, it is satisfyingly atmospheric with a dark, complex story and a typically husky-voiced brooding protagonist. It has all the ingredients of a top game, however I found it uncompelling and annoying. I wanted to like it but ... it was one of those. The hacking feature quickly gets tedious. The stealth/shooter gameplay falls between two stools, neither excelling. The game-world looks great yet ultimately feels shallow and contrived. It may be a well-constructed and ambitious game with a lot going for it, but for me it just didn't hit the levels of entertainment required to make it anything other than average.
2 people found this helpful
on 29 November 2012
I was looking around for a game with a Splinter Cell "feel" about it and found this one, I must say that it is a great game and have so far spent the weekend playing it - Not being one to rush about in a game -unless needed of course lol - I am still at the beginning - It seems to have more realism than a lot of blast them away games in the sense that you can not withstand bullets nearly as well - Only note I would add is, save - save - save! Nothing like clearing a room, only to die in the next and have to do the same one you have already cleared again.

Anyways, if you are looking for a fun game with a good story line and the option to actually make your own choices in the game - then this is one for you to try.
on 20 January 2013
I picked this up the first time in Gamestation because it was on offer. I'd heard about it and thought "Eh, why not?". Played it through the first time, didn't think too much of it and traded it in for another game.

The thing I realised is that I was playing it wrong. I've never played any of the Deus Ex games, so I wasn't quite used to the set-up. I expected this to be more like Call of Duty with biotech upgrades and it really isn't. But it is a testament that I bought a second copy of this game, played it through four times (different difficulty settings, different endings, different tech upgrades) and have absolutely loved it since.

The story line is brilliantly written. It isn't so full of twists and turns that it leaves you sitting there with an aneurism (like Metal Gear Solid 2 when I first played that as a kid!), but its' a good quality story. The voice acting is pretty believable. The graphics are at a very good standard on the whole. The gameplay is intelligent and a fantastic breath of fresh air from more mainstream shooting games like Gears of War - you have to find the balance between stealthily sneaking your way through a game, hacking your way into every system (which requires some stealth) and just outright shooting/slicing your way through the levels. For once, all the different playstyles are rewarding.

The biotech upgrades are a great idea as well - there isn't enough experience or Praxis kits in the game to get every upgrade, so you have to think about what upgrades you want to match your playstyle. There's enough different upgrades that any playstyle is feasible and easily rewarded. Almost every gun in the game can upgraded to a high standard, which is a nice touch. Even the side quests are entertaining and highly rewarding.

The boss battles are all beautifully done, each one is difficult in its' own right and has a slightly different challenge, whether it be a boss with no real weakness and a massive arsenal of firepower, bosses that turn themselves invisible and stalk you or a boss with a small army of turrets to get past.

If anything, my biggest dislike of the game is the colour scheme. I know there's a heavy cyber-punk theme, but by the end of the game I am so sick of seeing all the orange, brown, greys and blacks that my eyes are glad the game is over, even though I want to go back and play more. The only other grumble I have is the ending - it's not bad like the Mass Effect 3 ending, but I would have liked to see more gameplay footage of the consequences of your actions rather than a video and a monologue.

Definitely worth a play though.
on 17 March 2016
Nice graphics, original story line and futuristic setting.

After playing open world I found this game quite limiting. You can only go to certain places. I got about 50% through story line and lost interest.
on 1 January 2014
"Tenho duas armas para lutar contra o desespero, a tristeza e até a morte: o riso a cavalo e o galope do sonho É com isso que enfrento essa dura e fascinante tarefa de viver."
"i have two weapons to strive againstdespair,sadness, and even death:
mounted laughter, and the gallop of dream, with these i face this hard and fscinating task of living"
on 12 March 2015
With expert craftsmanship, the developers have created a stunning world to explore. It's deep story will really pull you in and keep you wondering.
Utilizing the Augmentations within you you'll see first have how technology enhances your combat and stealth abilities.
on 6 May 2016
Love this game , first played this on the 360 , and thought now I can play on Xbox one I would give it another spin through. Especially as it is now less than a fiver.
on 14 January 2013
Saw this in my local Game delear pre-owned for the same price new on Amazon. Bit of a no brainer really, so purchased this through Amazon. Although used free delivery on Boxing day, this arrived quicker than I thought it would. Game itself is fun, although nothing really new or inventive in terms of graphics or gameplay, but overall fun to play.