Determination of Atmospheric Parameters of B-, A-, F- and G-Type Stars: Lectures from the School of Spectroscopic Data Analyses (GeoPlanet: Earth and Planetary Sciences) Hardcover – 23 Jul 2014
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
This book introduces the theory of stellar atmospheres. Almost everything we know about stars is by analysis of the radiation coming from their atmospheres. Several aspects of astrophysics require accurate atmospheric parameters and abundances. Spectroscopy is one of the most powerful tools at an astronomer’s disposal, allowing the determination of the fundamental parameters of stars: surface temperature, gravity, chemical composition, magnetic field, rotation and turbulence. These can be supplemented by distance measurements or pulsation parameters providing information about stellar interior and stellar evolution, otherwise unavailable.
The volume is based on lectures presented at the Wrocław's Spectroscopic School aimed at training young researchers in performing quantitative spectral analysis of low-, mid-, and high-resolution spectra of B, A, and F-type stars.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Astronomy
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Solar System
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geology
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Aeronautics & Aerospace > Astronautics
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Applied Physics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Astronomy & Cosmology > Astronomy