- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
UltraViolet digital copies are not compatible with iTunes. Where available, UV copies can be added to your collection to instantly stream and/or download the content to your PC, Mac or compatible mobile device (including Apple devices). The UV copy can only be added to an account from the UK. Restrictions and limitations apply. Learn more about UltraViolet.
- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
- Important Information on Firmware Updates: Having trouble with your Blu-ray disc player? Will certain discs just not play? You may need to update the firmware inside your player. Click here to learn more.
Despicable Me 2 [Blu-ray]
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Despicable Me 2: Get ready for more minion madness!
This hilarious animated adventure sees the return of Gru (Steve Carell) who is retiring from the life of a super villain. However he is unwillingly recruited by the Anti-Villain league to help deal with a powerful new super criminal. Supported by the girls, the hilarious minions … and a host of new and outrageously funny
3 exclusive Mini Movies: Puppy, Panic in the Mailroom, Training Wheels
El Hombre Malo: The Villainy of El Macho
A Gru-some Transformation
Deleted Scenes - Gruties
The Making of the Mini Movies
Feature Commentary with Director Chris Renaud & Pierre Coffin
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1. Hilarity - Exactly as the first film, this sequel is HILARIOUS! There is hardly any 15 seconds in this movie that would not contain a really good gag, children or/and adult oriented. Whoever wrote the scenario was a genius!
2. Despicability - in this film Gru is a little bit different from what he was in the first part. He is no more so grumpy, mean, petty and permanently aggravated - he certainly smiles more and all his attitude softened. He remains however exactly as insecure as in the first film. That being said, there are moments in this film when the old Gru resurfaces, when his heart is broken or when somebody REALLY upsets him. His geriatric sidekick and only friend (well, kind of) doctor Nefario didn't take all this change easily and he has some trouble to adapt his evil laboratory to new tasks of producing jam and jelly... Gru's murderous (and toxic) dog/rat/wolverine/skunk like pet on another hand felt completely under the spell of the girls - but still gives a great show! The two "bad guys" are also excellent - which is a real achievement, considering that one of them belongs to species usually not associated with evil villainy...)))
3. Girl power - as in the previous film, I believe that any parent of little girls will fall immediately in love with Margo, Edith and Agnes, the three little orphaned sisters Gru adopted in the first part. Those seemingly defenseless creatures took him since under the sweet and soft but in the same time surprisingly totalitarian control little girls exercise over their fathers, adoptive or not...Read more ›
Make no mistake, this is a Minion vehicle, as they continually steal the scenes with their distinctive brand of hilarity, but as well as this obvious element, there is also a really sweet story (much like the first film) which underpins the characters and takes the viewer on a story where you actually care what happens to each of them at every turn.
It's definitely up there with the best animated films and manages to build on the equity of the first film without making you think it's just been created as a licence to print money (see Cars 2). A film that can make you laugh and cry, and teach lessons of the importance of relationships, whether animated or not is a thing of beauty. One that is enjoyed by 3 year olds and 30 year olds is exceptionally rare and this is a wonderful example of that.
This comes with the highest recommendation.
Led to some disappointment as the Minions normally steal the show and had already heard how good the short films are from someone who a special version.
Look for "includes 3 exclusive mini movies" on the front of the pack to avoid disappointment!
It is not often that a sequel to a very amusing film is even funnier, but for us this one managed it. I gather that Despicable Me 2 is on course to be the most profitable and popular film Universal studios have ever made and frankly, it deserves it.
Unusually for us, we made two visits to the cinema on consecutive days because the twins' birthday was that weekend and both my children had different films they particularly wanted to see - the latest PIXAR offering and "Despicable Me 2." Fortunately we watched the PIXAR film first, which I'm not going to name because it was absolutely not a bad film, and "Despicable Me 2" the following day. Because in that order we enjoyed both of them.
"Despicable Me 2" from the relatively unknown animation house "Illumination" completely blew the competition away and if we had watched these films in the opposite order, "Despicable Me 2" would have made the perfectly good rival film into a total anticlimax.
This film is set a short time after the anti-hero Gru (voiced by Steve Carell) stole the moon and then put it back in the first film. He is going straight as a legitimate businesman and raising the three delightful daughters he adopted in the first film. Then, to his astonishment, he is kidnapped by agent Lucy Wilde (voiced by Kristen Wiig) of the Anti-Villain League. The League's director, Silas Ramsbottom (Steve Coogan) wants Gru to investigate a new supervillain.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bought it for my grandson, but enjoyed it myself. Funny, sad but also touchingPublished 22 days ago by Kevin S.
My son loves watching the dvd every time at first he wanted despicable me and I ordered despicable me 2 by mistake when he watched he loved and now he has both. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Dorine Atieno