- Get three Boxsets for £24 from our ‘3 For £24’ promotion on Amazon.co.uk Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
- Also check our best rated 3D Blu Ray Movie reviews
Despicable Me (Blu-ray 3D) [Region Free]
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
In a happy suburban neighbourhood surrounded by white picket fences with flowering rose bushes, sits a black house with a dead lawn. Unbeknownst to the neighbours, hidden deep beneath this home is a vast secret hideout. Surrounded by an army of tireless, little yellow minions, we discover Gru (Steve Carell), planning the biggest heist in the history of the world. He is going to steal the moon (Yes, the moon!) to prove to his Mum (Julie Andrews) that he is better than the other super-villains, especially the new kid on the block, Vector (Jason Segal).
Gru delights in all things wicked. Armed with his arsenal of shrink rays, freeze guns and battle-ready vehicles for land and air, he vanquishes all who stand in his way. Until the day he encounters the immense will of three little orphaned girls who look at him and see something that no one else has ever seen: a potential dad.
One of the world’s greatest super-villains has just met his greatest challenge: three little girls named Margo, Edith and Agnes in the box office hit Despicable Me.
- 3 brand new Minion Movies (Home Makeover, Orientation Day and Banana)
- Voices Of Despicable Me
- The World Of Despicable Me
- Despicable Beats
- A Global Effort
- Gru’s Rocket Builder Game
- Super Silly Fun Land Games and feature commentary
- Plus Miss Hattie’s Top Secret Cookie Recipes
- Pocket Blu and U-Control
- 3D version - English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, English Audio Description Track 2.0, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Polish, Dutch DTS Surround 5.1
- 2D version - English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, English Audio Description Track 2.0, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Icelandic, Turkish DTS Surround 5.1
- 3D version - English SDH, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Dutch, Polish
- 2D version - English SDH, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Icelandic, Portuguese, Turkish, Arabic
Despicable Me is a compelling animated comedy about an aging supervillain's falling popularity at the hands of a younger supervillain and three young orphan girls. Gru is a true, bad-to-the-core evildoer who's earned the title of the world's No. 1 supervillain. But when young upstart Vector steals the Pyramid of Giza, Gru's status suddenly sinks to No. 2. Gru counters his fall by speeding up his plan to shrink and steal the moon, enlisting the help of his army of minions and the elderly Dr. Nefario, but a lack of funding and the difficulties involved in stealing the needed shrink-ray gun threaten to derail everything. Adopting three young orphan girls is an unlikely, but seemingly effective means to further Gru's evil mission, but Gru quickly discovers that caring for three young girls is more work, and distraction, than he could ever have anticipated. What unfolds is an unexpected shift in attitude that will forever change the lives of Gru, Vector, and all three young girls. A visually appealing film produced by Chris Meledandri (Ice Age, Ice Age 2: The Meltdown, and Horton Hears a Who), Despicable Me is full of weirdly shaped characters and settings that are somehow a perfect fit for Sergio Pablos's story. What's especially refreshing is that in this film, 3-D effects are used skillfully and effectively: even when the effects are exploited for comic reasons, they don't become a distraction, as is all too common in many recent movies. The film is full of corny banter and silly antics that inspire plenty of spontaneous laughter, and the minions, while not the best-developed characters, sure are comical. Ultimately, there's also a wholesome message about following one's heart. Steve Carell is the perfect villain-gone-soft in his role as Gru, Jason Segal is quite funny as Vector, and Julie Andrews makes a surprising appearance as Gru's very un-motherly mom. The story isn't new, the humour is relatively juvenile and somewhat forgettable, and it's no Toy Story 3, but Despicable Me celebrates silliness in a way that's satisfying and highly entertaining. (Ages 6 and older) --Tami Horiuchi
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is the first movie where I see the "minions" appear, and who doesn't love the minions?
Its one of the favorites of my kid, fully recommend it!
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews