- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons; New edition (20 Jan. 1995)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1568842341
- ISBN-13: 978-1568842349
- Product Dimensions: 18.9 x 2.4 x 23.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (6 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 73,654 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Desktop Publishing and Design For Dummies Paperback – 20 Jan 1995
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
"A For Dummies book from the foremost authority on desktop publishing and design is a dream come true." Dan Gookin, Bestselling Author of DOS For Dummies® "Desktop Publishing & Design For Dummies provides the reader with all the basics for successful design in a simple, step–by–step manner." Jill Robbins Israel, Editor–in–Chief, Technique Magazine
Includes Newsletter "How–To" Insert!
With all the desktop publishing software and books around, it seems like anyone can be a designer these days. But it's not so easy to whip up a well–designed brochure or newsletter without some guidance. Design guru Roger C. Parker reveals simple yet innovative techniques so you can create persuasive presentations, snazzy brochures, and informative newsletters all without using an expensive design firm. Ask for IDG Books' For Dummies® Books, the Fun and Easy Way to Find Out about Computers. Also look for IDG Books' PCs For Dummies®, 4th Edition, the fun and easy way to get started on your PC right away, and PageMaker® 6.5 For Dummies®, Internet Edition, the fast and friendly way to publish documents on the Web!
Inside, find helpful advice on how to:
- Apply basic design building blocks to any of the popular desktop publishing and page layout programs
- Choose the right computer hardware and software
- Scan photographs and place them on your page
- Take the mystery out of choosing the right typeface and type size for headlines, sub–heads, body copy, and captions
- Effectively use color in your publications and know what to avoid
- Set up your files correctly to avoid service bureau hassles
- Speak the language with a glossary of over 200 important design terms
- Save time and money with numerous efficiency tips
- Plus, a special insert that provides a step–by–step introduction to the process of creating a newsletter
About the Author
About the Author According to the National Association of Desktop Publishers Journal, Roger C. Parker is the "leading guru" of desktop publishing design. In addition to frequently contributing to a variety of publications like Graphic Solutions, Publish, Technique, and x–height, Roger has written numerous books, including IDG Books Worldwide's Harvard Graphics® 2 For Windows® For Dummies® and Microsoft® Office 4 For Windows® For Dummies®.
Top Customer Reviews
This book delivered exactly what I was looking for and more, and is only slightly let down by being 14 years old and hence references some fairly ancient software.
I have no idea why it hasn't been reprinted and fully recommend it if you can get hold of one !
wanted to use it to design a supplement but did not really help me
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A great book for learning desk top publishing. I would recommend this book.Published 12 months ago by Julie Dexter