on 31 May 2017
Brilliant!! Tried to get one for my friend, have they stopped making them.??
on 24 February 2009
I used this on a recent holiday where we were on 8 flights over the period of one month using three different carriers. It needs a little practice to use and get the steady enough hand that will give you reasonably accurate results. I ended up erring 10% less than the carriers limit to be on the safe side. This way I avoided having to pay some of the fairly big penalty fees that were being demanded from some of my fellow passengers For being a few Kilos over. Would recommend this product but remember to practice. I would have given it four stars if it had been more accurate. Another plus is the small size and weight which won't add to you packing problems.
on 15 May 2010
Purchased before we flew recently with the "Famous" low cost airline who has a limit of 15kg
Our Weigh and go showed 14.65kg but the airline scales showed 15.56kg
Checked using another set of scales which showed 15.50kg
Beware and check with a known weight before you get to the airport
on 12 March 2011
This was a great piece of kit for 3 trips and allowed me to make full use of my flight baggage allowance. After 3 return journeys though the handle detached from a threaded rod inside it and due to it's design not allowing me to get the handle close enough to the body to rescrew it, it's impossible to refit. It's still attached by a metal cable inside it, but it now won't close properly and won't switch back on again, even with new batteries.

Great when it was working, but not sturdy enough to last in my opinion.
on 10 July 2010
I liked this so much I bought a few more for my other family members, who loved it too. It's easy to bring around when travelling and it looks good too. Perhaps the only drawback would be that it can get a bit challenging to lift and hold a big heavy luggage whilst the gadget does its job.
on 20 January 2011
Like an earlier review - this was fine until the battery went dead - and then the new batteries didn't bring it to life again. It appears that there are many cheaper and more reliable alternatives. Good while it lasted - Bad when it fails on the eve of a trip!
on 24 July 2010
worked perfectly until the battery drained - then the next time we used it . . . . DEAD and even with new batteries it remained dead. A really expensive way to weigh my suitcase ONCE
on 11 December 2009
Simply excellent, and having a limit of 40kg helps make sure you know what your luggage situation is before you get to the airport.

Without this I would have been overweight on a couple of my recent trips and I was able to repack accordingly.

Excellent investment with money well spent. It is simple and easy to use and pretty tough and durable.
I bought a great big wheeled suitcase that can take both my wife and my stuff when we go away, only to find it too easily weighs over the limit. This gadget solves that without taking up much space itself.

The only issue is that if you accidently leave it open (or it gets knocked open) it stays on and the batteries drain.
on 25 September 2011
I wouldn't recommend it due to other reviewers negative comments...
I might have been lucky with mine, as it didn't break nor lost its accuracy.
but... luck never last long!