Design and Build Your Own Live-Sound Speakers Paperback – 26 May 2004
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Design and Build Your Own Live-Sound Speakers is written for the performing musician, DJ, club or hall owner who wants to build pro-audio speaker cabinets rivaling the best store-bought models for a fraction of the retail price, seeks to unnderstand and improve the performance of an existing cabinet, or wants to create a unique speaker design for a particular purpose. Written for the complete novice, this book explains driver selection, construction techniques and basic sound-reproduction concepts in a simple and friendly way. While several sample projects are included and explained, the emphasis is on giving the beginner knowledge and ability to design and build something that fits her needs and budget. Using common tools and readily available supplies and parts, the reader can create stage cabinets that are attractive, durable, powerful and efficient. Full of explanations, usage tips and shortcuts, this book is a refreshing alternative to other publications that are overly technical, geared toward hi-fi applications, or assume electronic or woodworking experience most performers simply don't possess. Discussions of bi-amping, speaker connection, reconing, and building "rack cases" supplement the main text with real-world advice for those who haven't forgotten that the point of it all is to make music!
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Networking & Security > Network Topics
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Music > Learning to Play, Write & Record Music > Recording Music
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electrical > Electrical Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering > Telecommunications
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering