on 31 May 2013
These Desert Boot variants are OK for style. I bought a size 11 but these came up small, and rather like a 10.5. I'm rubbish at bothering to send things back so I thought I'd break them in, and after a while of doing lots of walking, they did break in and became relatively comfy.

Sadly, you get what you pay for. 4 months later, the soles are cracked. The heels now have multiple holes in them. You know, they are more like a grid rather than holes, where you can see how they built up the sole. Still, I carried on with them as my general purpose walking shoes. Until the winter rains kicked off again at the end of May and water went straight to my feet. I have to compare these with the Hush Puppies Desert Boots I brought before these. They were twice the price of these but they are still around. The soles are thinner on the Hush Puppies, but then I've had them over a year. And they don't leak.

So, should you buy these?
+ Maybe get the next size up?
+ I reckon they'll be good for occasional wear
- But if you want them to be a durable pair that you always use, perhaps not
on 14 March 2014
These are very comfortable boots and I have purchased several pairs over the last 12 months for myself and also for a relative. Unfortunately the sole wears out after 4 to 6 weeks. The sole looks like solid crepe but it is a honeycomb of crepe and they wear through far too quickly. once the sole is cracked they let in water. I have just purchased a Sole Repair Kit from amazon to resole a pair, If this works I shall resole the other pairs. I like these boots but I shall not be buying any more til the sole problem is sorted.
on 17 April 2016
The boots are really nice, they look very well made and feel quite robust and would last well. The colour of the boots is very sandy, which is exactly what I wanted. The only problem I had was these boots were very narrow in the front, across the toes. So I didn't wear them often. The other thing with them is that they got dirty easily, so I had to be selective when I wore them.
These are great boots but are narrow which was unfortunate as they look really good on.
on 18 November 2013
I bought these on a Whim after stumbling across them and reading other positive reviews. On the brink of turning 40 with the nostalgia kicking in I thought I would go back to the Desert Boots that I loved wearing so much almost 20 years ago. Although these aren't the same brand as i wore all those years ago I have to re-iterate what some of the other reviews say about these desert shoes...

They are great value for money, and extremely comfortable, I forgot how comfortable desert boots can be. I haven't worn them much, but they seem pretty hard wearing, and good value at the price.

I've now put them away for the winter as I don't want to ruin the suede feel by getting them wet. However i will no doubt buy another pair in spring for the summer time.

I like them so much that I've bought my brother a pair for Xmas to see if I can make him a little less chavvy and pries him away from his trainers!

All in all I would highly recommend these shoes - they look and feel great and the price was very reasonable too
on 7 March 2014
Why can't the manufacturer fit a decent pair of proper insoles in them ?
The first time I wore them, I'd walked about half a mile to the train station to go to university, and had started getting some discomfort. A couple of hours later I was in a lot of pain, and had to suffer until getting home that night.
They're fitted with a very small, heal end only insole. The heat from my feet had caused the glue to soften, and the motion of my walking about caused the insole to gather up rubbing a large blister on the sole of each of my feet.
These are really great shoes, especially for the money, but if you buy them, then buy a pair of insoles to go with them.
on 24 May 2013
From the price my hopes weren't very high. I've had trouble finding suitable suede shoes to replace several favourite pairs that I've had in the past. But these are such a good price I thought they'd be a bit disappointing but decided to take the risk. They've had a few days of light wear now. I don't think I'd like them so much if I had to wear them all day and had much pavement bashing to do but so far they're fine. Generally wear 10 and a half but size 11s are fine. They do feel like they have a cheap construction so I'm not sure how long they'll last before the innards start to pull out etc. So far am happy I bought them. Can't decide yet whether to go for another colour as well. Will wait a little longer before deciding.
on 17 September 2014
Bought a pair of these in May 2014, for a good price, and they arrived speedily. They look fine and are fairly comfortable, although the soles are a bit thin, as desert boots sometimes are. My main problem with them is that after wearing them for work each day since (barring four weeks when I was off work), which includes walking too and from railway stations for fifteen minutes at each end of my commute, the heels have worn through. So, I'd say they're fine if you don't want a pair of shoes that will stnad regualr use - and that I probably should have gone for something more expensive and (hopefully) more robust.
on 3 October 2014
The suede part of the shoe and the general style is good. However, there is no comfort cushioning at the base of the shoe and what is there, which is very thin, quickly creases and becomes uncomfortable. I took this out and replaced with with a padded leather insert which has made things much better. It is a shame that I had to do this, it was not that costly, and I would have rather paid the extra for such an item to have been in place at the onset.
on 3 October 2017
I have worn these boots several times now and am happy with both the fit and quality. My only slight gripe: the round laces at a bit short and I would have preferred longer flat laces.
on 4 November 2017
Very decent shoes. Wear them to work for 10+ hours a day. Pretty comfortable, although the sides can get a little weird after a long day but it's nothing a set of insoles couldn't fix.