A Description of the Western Islands of Scotland Circa 1695: A Voyage to St Kilda: WITH A Description of the Occidental I.E. Western Islands of Scotland Paperback – 5 Jun 2014
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Martin Martin (Martainn MacGilleMhartainn) was born at Bealach, near Duntulm, Skye, and was a native Gaelic speaker. He studied at the universities of Edinburgh and Leiden, and died in London in 1719.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
It's not a Lonely Planet, but written in the style of the 17th century.
Nowadays we journey by modern ferry, but this trip is more like an expedition.
A early insight in the cultural and religious believes of the Western Isles people, after the demise of the Lord of the Isles.
BTW, The Lord of the Isles by David Caldwell would be a perfect companion to this book.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Ireland
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Scotland
- Books > History > Cultural History
- Books > History > Essays, Journals, Letters & True Accounts > 16th-18th Centuries
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > United Kingdom > Guide Books
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Guidebook Series