Top positive review
118 people found this helpful
Really Vibrant Colours Once Water Is Added - Enhancing My Adult Colouring In Books..X
on 10 December 2015
My Pencils arrived in a Metal tin with 24 inside.
I have included a few images showing what the colours are and just on there own and then what each colour looks like once water is added.
(On my colour chart, On the left - pencil on it's own & on the right - pencil with water)
These feel lovely to hold, as there is a nice weight to them, they are round shaped pencils.
* They look lovely and vibrant once water is added, you only need a small amount of water, So make sure to dab your brush on a tissue etc..
* Colours really do look like Ink once water is added, I was pleasantly surprised at the change.
* I have been using these in my adult colouring in books, just with the pencil mainly, but also by adding water on a few images.
* Very pleased with my results so far, My only criticism is there isn't a pink colour within the 24 pack, Would have loved one.
* Maybe i should have gone with the larger pack.
I would recommend you make yourself and colour chart like i did, as the colours on the pencils and the name written on them, can be a little different to the actual colour you end up with.
I am not an artist, but have found these a pleasure to use and am hoping my shading and gradients will improve by using these.
I would say if you aren't really looking to be adding water to most of your work and are looking for a pencil more for blending etc..then i probably wouldn't choose these particular one's from Derwent, I would probably go for maybe the Coloursoft version instead, But if you want to pencil that can do more than one job, then these are fantastic. Great for someone who hasn't got a steady hand, as these make painting much easier.
Oh one last thing, these wouldn't fit in my regular sharpener, i purchased the Derwent Blender & Burnisher kit at the same time and that came with one, that they fit into fine..
I do hope this helps you figure out if these are for you or not..X
Link To Derwent Coloursoft 24 Tin:
Derwent Coloursoft Colouring Pencils Tin (Set of 24)