TOP 50 REVIEWERon 10 December 2015
My Pencils arrived in a Metal tin with 24 inside.

I have included a few images showing what the colours are and just on there own and then what each colour looks like once water is added.
(On my colour chart, On the left - pencil on it's own & on the right - pencil with water)
These feel lovely to hold, as there is a nice weight to them, they are round shaped pencils.

* They look lovely and vibrant once water is added, you only need a small amount of water, So make sure to dab your brush on a tissue etc..
* Colours really do look like Ink once water is added, I was pleasantly surprised at the change.

* I have been using these in my adult colouring in books, just with the pencil mainly, but also by adding water on a few images.
* Very pleased with my results so far, My only criticism is there isn't a pink colour within the 24 pack, Would have loved one.
* Maybe i should have gone with the larger pack.

I would recommend you make yourself and colour chart like i did, as the colours on the pencils and the name written on them, can be a little different to the actual colour you end up with.

I am not an artist, but have found these a pleasure to use and am hoping my shading and gradients will improve by using these.
I would say if you aren't really looking to be adding water to most of your work and are looking for a pencil more for blending etc..then i probably wouldn't choose these particular one's from Derwent, I would probably go for maybe the Coloursoft version instead, But if you want to pencil that can do more than one job, then these are fantastic. Great for someone who hasn't got a steady hand, as these make painting much easier.

Oh one last thing, these wouldn't fit in my regular sharpener, i purchased the Derwent Blender & Burnisher kit at the same time and that came with one, that they fit into fine..

I do hope this helps you figure out if these are for you or not..X

Link To Derwent Coloursoft 24 Tin:
Derwent Coloursoft Colouring Pencils Tin (Set of 24)
review image review image review image review image review image review image
33 Comments| 118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 5 July 2017
I bought these to.see if i would like intense and I'm glad i bought them! I've now decided I want the full set of the intense pencils I also want the intense blocks to so yay my birthday in 3 weeks and will be getting them... This is a good way to try them out and a good deal than buying individual
on 27 November 2017
Having experimented with a few individual Inktense pencils, I decided to treat myself to an early Christmas present - the tin of 72 mouthwatering colours! These pencils are so much better and versatile than standard watercolour ones - depth and vibrancy of colour and the range of different effects which can be created.
One small quibble, however. The tin of pencils arrived minus it's lid for some strange reason and the plastic around the pencils and bottom part of the tin was ripped!
on 16 February 2017
Love the vibrant colours great to create even for inexperienced artist. I used straight on the page then used a water brush over if wanted a solid colour and without for fine detail. Just need to take care when using being ink if get on anything porous it will be permanent. Not a bad thing if want to create on a canvas bag or shoes.
on 25 October 2017
I bought these for my wife, and they are some of her favourite art tools. The colours are really nice and vibrant and work great both for "dry" shading and for painting over.
on 22 March 2017
Have a larger set of these Inktense pencils and wanted to buy some for my grandson. Love them. These are excellent price and delivery was fast. Would highly recommend.
on 22 April 2017
Very happy with them. The colours make striking pictures. Would have been more complete if white was included but I just ordered white separately later on. No problem.
on 25 October 2017
Absolutely adore these pencils. I had the 12 pencils tin and when some of them where but stubs, I decided to go for the big tin. I recommend them without a doubt.
on 29 May 2016
Don't buy these thinking they are like watercolour pencils. I had to watch a couple of vids after messing up my first go with them. They are permanent so be careful with your clothes. I think with more practise I will get to like these a lot.
on 14 August 2017
Not used theres too much yet but they have the same intensity of colour as the blocks of inktense. Good price compared to the high street so can't complain.