TOP 500 REVIEWERon 9 September 2017
I am a crafter not an experienced artist but I enjoy using colour in various media. I already own Derwent Inktense pencils and love them and the effects they produce. I decided I wanted to buy some regular colouring pencils too, specifically for colouring books. I took a look at Youtube for guidance and found Peta Hewitt's two videos comparing and demonstrating a range of different pencils from the staggeringly expensive Luminance pencils right down to Crayola. These were in her top half dozen and within my price range so I decided to go for the tin of 36 pencils. I love them. There is a good range of colours and they have behaved exactly as PH demonstrated. They blend well but they do have a waxy texture and this limits the number of layers that can be put down if you have a heavy hand; this does not affect my colouring attempts though. I bought separately the pack of two blender pencils, two burnishers, a sharpener and a rubber and, with the exception of the sharpener, these work brilliantly with the colours. I just use my old basic metal sharpener instead.
I have a couple of slight gripes - I don't much like the red in this set because it's a bit dull tomato rather than a bright red and there's no dark green. However the pencils can be bought singly so I should be able to remedy that easily enough.
3 people found this helpful
on 17 June 2016
Received theses pencils really promptly, as always from Amazon, great delivery. Love the pencils. I am relatively new to adult colouring and bought cheaper pencils in case i did not "get in to it" wish I had bought Derwent first, as they are a really good quality with a softer rich texture and the price on Amazon is, as usual, great value. I bought the 36 and they are a nice range of rich colours, received them today and started colouring straight away.
3 people found this helpful
on 25 September 2016
I do love these coloured pencils,they are a valued part of my adult colouring kit! I like the size of them,they are wider than all my other pencils of different brands so they are really easy to hold. being such Chunky Monkeys. They are soft and buttery and blend like a dream, even well with other wax based brands, and I love their colour range. some of the colours are unique.
They do wear down quickly though,as the pigment is so soft, and they don't hold a fine point for long but they are easy tosharpen with minimal breakage.

I Use them for adult colouring and they are perfect for that purpose. The tin they come in isn't bad, but I bought a zip up bag to store them in, which is much better.
I tried the Derwent Studio pencils but they were awful,so hard with no pigment,and not easy to blend, so I was really pleased that the coloursofts were nothing like them. I haven't tried their Artists pencils so I can't compare them, to those.
I highly recommend these pencils if you're looking for creamy, east to blend pencil with a decent shade range/
on 4 November 2017
As many others I eagerly awaited the delivery of my set of 72 pencils. I already own two "Blister packs" containing a variety of the colours, I was so impressed with these that I made the decision to invest in the full set. On arrival I instantly started a new project and was confused by how hard I was having to work to lay down colour and by the barrel condition of these pencils. Some were already chipped/dented and a few had evidence of splitting from the base. Nevertheless I did try them only to find that sharpening was a challenge which resulted in too many breaking or the core falling out?! Eventually in less than 24 hours they were repackaged and returned. Cannot now bring myself to reorder any of these pencils again.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 11 January 2016
I have been fancying these mindfulness colouring in books for adults. I used to love colouring in when I was younger. I was very lucky as I had been talking to a friend about them and she got one for me as a gift. Now its been a while since I last did any colouring in and picked up some felt pens, which where not thin enough for the lines in the book, so I seen these on a very good special offer and ordered two sets.
I'm very happy with them as the tips don't break like other colouring pencils I have picked up for my daughter in the past, so your not having to sharpen them all the time.
There is a great selection of colours, which is lovely.
I'm no artist, in fact I'm rather bad at drawing but I'm happy colouring in my book.
on 18 January 2018
Not impressed. Colours good and they are nice and soft to use, but maybe that's the problem as I have found that quite a few of the pencils cannot be sharpened. As you sharpen them the 'lead' is broken throughout the length of the pencil. One pencil I could excuse but not as many as I have found so far.
2 people found this helpful
|22 Comments|Report abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 23 October 2016
Oh Coloursoft, how I love thee! I am absolutely obsessed with these pencils, they're the best I've ever used. They're so buttery to colour with + the colours are amazing. I have the 24 set, skintones set + I've bought a lot of the open stock.

I really recommend using the Swordfish Pointi manual sharpener with these. The sharpener I had at the time of purchasing these pencils wrecked them so I bought the Pointi + I've not had a single breakage since + it gets them to a perfect point.
on 24 April 2016
These pencils are simply fantastic. I have used them for the past few months and I can say they are the best pencils I've ever tried.

As they are soft pencils, it only requires the lightest touch to create beautiful and vibrant images. This is in stark contrast to other brands I have used before where the only way to get near the colour vibrancy you are looking for is to press down hard to disperse the colour on the page. These are a breeze to use and the pencils feel very comfortable in your hand.

If you're looking for high quality pencils, I would highly recommend this set..
review imagereview imagereview image
4 people found this helpful
on 18 August 2017
I bought these as my first set of 'pro' colouring pencils after they were recommended by an established artist. The pencils can be replaced individually for about £1.40 each.

I've been colouring in line drawings and they have worked well for that and have blended well.

I've left some photos of all the colours when used on a page, both lightly and firmly applied.

The full 72 piece set was too expensive for me. This set is working well, but I think I might supplement it with the skin tone set.
review imagereview imagereview image
on 4 February 2018
I tried out a few colours before buying a set, I preferred them to Polychromos as Coloursoft have a slightly softer lead. However the number of broken leads I have in the set have made them frustrating and wasteful pencils to use. I now mainly use Polychromos, I have yet to come across a broken lead plus Polychromos sharpen to a finer point which it retains for longer. I also have a few Pablo pencils which are slightly softer than Polychromos and the leads have proved to be strong.