Customer reviews

on 6 May 2015
Great book , comprehenise and quite elaborate.
on 4 October 2012
In my role as an Elsevier Student Rep I receive medical books gratis in exchange for reviewing them. I do not have any other interests in the books or the publishing house and I am free to give my honest opinion. Writing negative reviews of books does not have any influence on whether or not I receive further books.

As a final year medical student I feel comfortable saying that the detail contained in this basic dermatology book will more than suffice for all dermatology conditions I have had to know about to date. I can not think of many specialties that lend themselves better to an Illustrated Colour Text than Dermatology. It is ideal. The diagrams and photographs are clear, educational and important to understanding the conditions covered. Each topic is covered over two pages - a format that is great for consistency and clarity but has the obvious issue of squeezing info on big important topics while expanding unnecessarily on more trivial ones.

Although I understand that many treatments have moved on technologically and medicines have changed since the previous edition in 2008, there is a lot in this book that is almost identical. So, if you already own the fourth edition I wouldn't rush out to buy this but for any Medical student considering buying a Dermatology textbook, I can not recommend this highly enough. I imagine it would suit specialist Dermatology nurses, GP trainees and early stage Dermatology and Internal Medicine trainees also. I have tried using the Oxford Handbook on my Dermatology block and for once I was let down. However, this Illustrated Colour Text worked a treat. It just makes sense to use a book with lots of images.
on 19 October 2015
very cleanly include foundation information diveded with numorous module
review image
on 5 January 2016
excellent book and really good delivery service
on 24 April 2016
good
on 29 August 2015
Good book more than what i expected
on 14 December 2014