on 8 July 2016
bought as a gift for my wife who likes decent coffee but was frustrated with inconsistency when making cafetière coffee. Effortless machine. Very simple. Short expressio or long cup and have function to change the volume in the long cup. Coffee is consistently good at the touch of a button (we have young children and are chronically sleep deprived so need a good cup of coffee to start the day). Fill with cold water from the tap. We both take our coffee black but our kids love a 'babychino' from the machine before bed and great to use this to make hot chocolate. Nespresso pods are expensive but if you are a coffee drinker and balance this against a daily cup from a high street shop then it's still cheaper. Nespresso collect and recycle used pods for free and it's easy to buy new pods online. We had an issue with the machine within 6 months, they provided a replacement which they repaired ours. Excellent customer service. Overall thrilled
on 7 December 2015
I have has this a couple of years now and it still works fine every day (2 -3 cups a day). My only complaint is that to get a strong cup you really need to use 2 pods per cup which is expensive. TIP - try Lidl pods - my favourite & the strongest ones I have found. The milk frother is just fab, making a nice cup of foamed milk virtually every time - sometime after cleaning it doesn't make the milk quite as frothy (TIP - do a cleaning cycle before making your first cup after the container has been cleaned). It does seem to want to be de-scaled quite often which is a bit of a pain to do, but nothing serious. Basically for a quick cappuccino it is fine, but maybe not for coffee connoisseurs, but almost as fast as making a cup of instant.
on 18 October 2015
I used to have a Rancillio Silvia - the most professional of the proper Italian espresso makers for the home, and it was great to feel like a proper barrista but it broke down all the time (maybe needed repairing six times over four years). So I was a bit snobby about pods and also about supporting Nestle as a well-known unethical company BUT this product really is fantastic - it's so great to have a reliable creme everytime, and the milk frother is ideal. I'm now trying to persuade my office to get one.
on 5 August 2014
Love this. Having bought a more complicated coffee machine a couple of years ago, where you had to turn dials and froth your milk separately, this is a god send. We didn't end up using the other machine and it just took up space on my worktop but this one will give you a perfectly frothy cup of coffee in a minute or two. No messing and very little cleaning up. We're still working our way through a box of mixed pods to find our favourite but the standard of coffee this gives you is excellent. You can vary the amount of froth and to be honest, the lowest setting is plenty. If I were to be super critical, I'd like it to give me a hotter cup of coffee, but I do like my drinks red hot. My husband seems very happy with the temperature of his.
on 12 August 2016
Absolutely love this machine! Very easy to figure out (I watched you tube videos instead of reading the manual). It's pretty sturdy, easy to clean and looks amazing on the kitchen counter. We got through the free sample capsules pretty quickly (genius marketing by nespresso) and ordered more from the website, although I have seen compatible own brand capsules at Tescos. My only regret is that even though I thought I did a lot of research and compared different products, I didn't see that there is a never model (Touch) that has a milk froth only button and is even cheaper.
on 9 January 2014
Bought this as a Christmas present for my husband. It is easy to use and produces lovely cups of coffee each and every time. The milk frother is great and it's handy that it can be removed for making coffee for those who prefer espresso or just a dash of milk. Love the white machine as it coordinates with other appliances in our kitchen. Received 16 capsules (one of each available) with the machine. Unfortunately, when we went to order the Welcome Pack of capsules which comes with a capsule holder if it's your first order, they were out of stock. However, the machine itself is fine and is so quick at producing a delicious coffee - long may it last!
on 15 April 2013
An excellent product, well designed and well made.
My only gripe is that although it is programmable it always wants to put the milk in first. This looks very pretty (see photo) but makes the frothy milk quite tasteless.
I have got round this by pressing the coffee button first then the milk. The milk button must be pressed again as soon as the milk delivery stops to prevent the machine carrying on to the coffee cycle.
This may sound silly but it makes the froth brown and tasty. Go to any coffee shop and the coffee is always put in the cup first then the frothy milk added last.
on 27 July 2014
We love this machine. Cannot praise it enough. Very simple to use. There is a great choice in the nespresso capsules so it is easy to find a coffee that you like. No matter what type of coffee you like, eg latte, americano etc,this machine will produce a hot cup at just the push of a button.This machine is one of the best purchases we have made. Great value. If you are lucky enough to stay near one of the Nespresso shops we can highly recommend paying a visit. The staff cannot do enough to help you with questions about the machines or the coffees.
on 12 February 2015
The machine works great for me as i like black coffee, the milk steamer is a little disapointing, milk is not hot at all and need to go into the microwave straight after frothing to warm it up. I phones nesspresso to complain and they told me to use warmer milk and try different types !!!!

design is nice, could so with some pastel colours
on 19 January 2014
This is a compact, stylish and very quiet machine, we previously had Krupps model with the Aerretto attachment and did not use it that often but this milk attachment is built in and adds the milk to the coffee in one process, is very easy to use and you do not need to do the milk separately.
Great value on Amazon and it has hardly been off since we purchased it, some nice features are the automatic switch off if left for on for more than about 10 minutes, nice design for water unit that 'locks' in place.
Down side the drip tray is not detachable for cleaning and is a bit difficult to dry off.