Dell UltraSharp U2414H 23.8 inch Widescreen IPS LCD Monitor (1920 x 1080, 2M:1, 250 cd/m2, 8 ms, HDMI/DP/mini DP/USB)
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Thin bezel - create a multiple screen arrangement with near-continual imagery between multiple monitors via the DisplayPort 1.2 (MST) connectivity port
- Convenient connectivity - bring your compatible mobile phones and tablets to life on a large screen with 2 HDMI (MHL) ports
- Fast charging - a high-current USB 3.0 supplies twice the power for charging and powering compatible USB devices
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
See your work in its best light on the Dell UltraSharp U2414H. Its upscale design features an amazingly thin (6.05 mm) border around a 23.8" Full HD display, delivering impeccable images.
Mini-DP to DP Cable
USB 3.0 Upstream Cable
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
I needed a monitor that would:
- Offer a better experience for photo-editing than my previous (TN-Panel) monitor (colour accuracy, etc)
- Had generous viewing angles as I intended to have a multiple-monitor setup
- Offered a usable (lag/blur/motion/ghosting-free) experience for gaming
- A good stand or VESA mount options
I read review after review of this and other monitors and ended up drowning somewhat in the sheer number of different criteria that need to be considered when buying monitors. Things, in truth, I still can't even pretend to understand with any real depth (gamut, contrast stability etc. etc.). In the end I trusted the review from TFT Central - which was very good for this monitor - for the technical bits and was essentially sold as far as the Photography aspect was concerned, but still had concerns over gaming.
I'd recommend the TFT Central review for anyone more knowledgeable with what to expect from a monitor they intend to use for photography. All I can really offer is that photos look noticeably better than on my previous monitor. Colours look vivid and sharp and these monitors do come factory calibrated (note: you need to manually change the preset to sRGB to access the factory calibration). Despicable Me looks very impressive and shows off the colours nicely! Whites look.. white. Blacks look.. as black as I'd expect. I can't say I've noticed any IPS glow, but I believe this is most visible when sitting in a completely dark room, which I don't tend to do.Read more ›
- 2 HDMI ports
- 2 Display ports (1 of these being a mini port too) I'm on a Macbook with a thunderbolt connection, mini-display cable plugs in and works, no need for an adapter.
- 4 port USB hub
- 1920 x 1080p (perfect as I'm work in video)
- Great colour control
- Screen size = Large 24inch
- Bezel = Tiny
There is so many great things about the monitor, I even connected my ps3, so I no longer need a TV. Perfect, more space.
2 things you should note:
- This monitor doesn't come with internal speaker. Don't be disappointed, I wasn't, as internal speakers are normally rubbish. Dell sell speakers for this monitor, AC511, which I have ordered. If they're any good I'll add my review for that product here as well.
- It was a little confusing to get it working, be patient. I had to fiddle around with the cables until it magically linked up. If you're on a mac, don't bother with the disc either. All it has is win drivers and what not. I haven't had to download any drivers to get it working on my mac, which is ace.
This is a great monitor and I would recommend it to any one on a mac who doesn't want to shell out for the thunderbolt display. To me, this is just as good and saves me a bundle! I will update my review if I have any problems.
Being IPS the viewing angles are fantastic but there is a slight glow.
On first setting it up I dropped brightness significantly as by default for me it was too bright, but the response is nice and linear and the colours didn't change so this was no problem. I'm using the factory-calibrated mode as it looks best to me, much better than other IPS panels I've used. Compared with a wide gamut screen I use it holds its own, excelling for a 6+2 bit screen. The screen doesn't use PWM to control the brightness so is fine for those who notice the effects of this. Black levels are good for an IPS monitor but not great - though no IPS panels are great. If you're looking for great contrast ratios then go for a VA panel.
It was easy to set up, the stand is nice looking and doesn't waste loads of desk space while being easy to adjust. Build quality is mostly great, however there is some backlight bleed in the bottom left corner. In normal use this isn't noticeable so I'll not be sending it back or anything, however in dark scenes this is visible and could annoy some people. The anti-glare coating is light and inoffensive, giving a cleaner looking picture than the coating on the Dell U2313HM that I also have. As I have not used it in a high glare environment I can't comment on how well it does but no reflections are visible in normal indoor use.
Connectivity is more of a mixed bag - it has DisplayPort (I'm using this) and HDMI which is fine for me but may cause trouble for some nVidia graphics card users as these cards will think it's a TV and send a restricted colour range. Fixable, but irritating.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Overall this was a great monitor for the standard 1080p resolution. The super thin bezels make this a very pretty monitor. Read morePublished 12 days ago by Amazon Customer
I have 2 of these monitors and I'm happy with them, but there are couple minor issues.
- thin besel and surprisingly convenient menu buttons (although some people... Read more
Really easy to setup up, no yellow tint issue, touch screen buttons work fine for me, really pleased with this monitor, I will defo be buying 2 more this month. Read morePublished 17 days ago by Ronnaan
The monitor looks stunning... BUT.. if you are a designer/photographer i urge you not to get it. Colours are pretty faded, and there's not enough brightness. Read morePublished 21 days ago by Constantin C.
heavy pricetag, fragile monitor, no VGA input, I've bought 5 with no problems, 4 starPublished 27 days ago by artica
bought 5 of them by now all working great, one I dropped and got completely destroyed they're a bit more fragile than older monitors, and it is an expensive product with no VGA... Read morePublished 27 days ago by artica
A good monitor, but does not compare well with the screen on the XPS13 which is linked to itPublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer