on 19 October 2015
Very pleased with my keyboard. I have a Dell Alienware system, but chose not to buy the keyboard at the time as Dell were charging a fortune for it and I had use of another keyboard. When I saw this available on Amazon at around £50 I snapped one up. I see they are now retailing at £82 as of the date of this review. The lighting system is really great as it matches and links in with the Alienware Command Centre software, that allows the keyboard to use custom lighting based on any themes you set. There are custom keys that can be programmed with macros as needed and a switch that will allow you to turn off the Windows Keys if required. The keys have a tactile feel, and with the illuminated keys, makes typing in low light levels a breeze. Overall I am very pleased and would recommend this keyboard.
on 6 August 2015
What a brilliant piece of kit!
I was a little sceptical at first, because it is not cheap.
However, my doubts were quickly dispelled as this key board is the best I have ever used (in 40 years of Computing!!)
Comfortable, ergonmically designed, flashing lights,.....what more do you want!!!!???
Just get yer cash out and treat yourself, you won't be disappointed.
on 9 September 2017
Brilliant keyboard from Dell.......2 section lighting system looks great at night
on 1 December 2012
I love this keyboard its really nice to type on, sounds great when you type, looks sexy and the macro keys are really handy. The only thing stopping me from giving this 5 stars is the fact that the play/pause button for songs doesn't work on Itunes and the volume buttons are a bit annoying and you have to press them in the right area quiet hard to get them to work. Other than that very nice but I'm not 100% sure I would buy it again.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 January 2016
Best keyboard that I have ever had
on 13 January 2015
works fine however! the ESC and -\1 keys have white bulges on the top as though the plastic has bubbled at some point, does not affect functionality however doesn't look brilliant.

this aside it's a good keyboard, requires 2 x usb ports to use and as the usbs are quite sturdy, ports right next to each other may have trouble accommodating them both.

has a good sturdy feel to it and the back lighting looks amazing, takes a while to get used to the placement of the programmable keys (I keep hitting the 6th one instead of CTRL)

is a good keyboard for people who type heavily, is a more tactile/mechanical feel to it than most keyboards
on 16 May 2017
Hardware wise this product is well made and looks decent - for a while.

I have owned this product now for well over a year. It looks the part with the customizable colours etc and seems to be well made (survived a full glass of wine being spilt over it). But the LEDs over time have started getting dull. This is most apparent on the "Num Lock" key. Because I leave this on all the time, compared to my Caps lock it is dull and off colour. Also the white has stopped working. It will come on for a while and then switch to the default purple colour. This could be a software issue I guess.. Which leads me onto the TactX software. Its rubbish. Also a nightmare to find it online.

I would invest in a different keyboard if I could choose again.
on 18 September 2015
Hello sports fans! Its the best keyboard I have ever owned great to type on well made and lights up well !
Check out my youtube channel! Youtube.com/killachief187
on 16 December 2014
This is a great keyboard for gaming and it looks great but the only thing is that you have to keep the keys pressed all the way down to activate them and this can be frustrating when gaming.
on 22 March 2016
unresponsive when pressing keys while in games
not mechanical and a review says it is
picture clearly states the colour is brighter then it actually is
would rate lower just another piece of crap from dell dragging the alienware name threw the mud since they brought it.