Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 18 February 2012
I am moderately experienced in IT and I needed to replace a PC on my network at work. We run a server with Small Business Server 2003 and I wanted to experience an upgrade to Windows 7 (from XP Professional) on the terminal I needed to replace, which is why I purchased this particular refurbished model. The PC arrived very quickly, was adequately packaged and was "ready to go" - simply unpacked it, replaced the old PC connection for connection and switched it on. Perfect! For the fraction of the cost of an equivalent spec new PC, I have a refurbished model - but you would never know it! Only reason I have given the purchase 4 stars and not 5, was that the mouse that arrived with it was defunct and allowed the cursor to roam around the screen without precise control (?!) This did not worry me too much, since I have everal spare mice at the office.

Unfortunately, there are known compatibility issues between Windows 7 and SBServer 2003 and when I needed to set up various users to connect to the domain we run, that was when I experienced issues with programme perfomance that I could not resolve. Fortunately, I had also purchased at the same time, another refurbished Dell Optiplex from Black Barn Computers that came with the Windows XP Professional operating system. Used this in place of the Windows 7 model and we are up-and-running with no problems, a better spec PC and happy telesales operators in my office!

I brought the Windows 7 model to my home and have set up a small office with a workgroup, running my accounts department and communicating with the Server at the office via Virtual Private Networking. Remote desktop via the Internet is great, pretty fast and does what I need with no problems.

Would thoroughly recommend refurbished PC's when available - unless you need to have the latest, all singing and dancing machines. If you need a workhorse - go for it!
on 9 March 2012
Dell Optiplex GX Series 745-755 Desktop PC - Intel Core 2 Duo - 2GB Ram - 80GB Hard Drive - DVDrom - Windows 7 Professional Pre-installed - Keyboard - Mouse - Powercord I was apprehensive as I had not purchased a refurbished item before. There was no need the product worked perfectly from the start and no problems at all have been encountered
on 20 July 2014
I brought this as a second pc, but when I set it up the cd disk drive was very loose and just pressing the button to open the draw, it became dislodged into the body of the PC. I had to remove the pc's case to secure it. The two USB ports on the front were very well worn and they are difficult to insert stix into them. I am not sure I would buy another reconditioned pc from this company.
on 1 June 2012
I ordered this after I attempted to use my partners old pc. I don't know how he managed on it. It arrived far quicker than expected, well packaged and easy to set up. Nice fast computer that does everything we need and more. My other half is delighted. Would definitely use this company again
on 17 April 2012
It was with a great deal of trepidation, as a silver surfer, that I knew I had to replace my very old pc.
I found this one very reasonably which was delivered in very good time and, amazingly, it was up and running beautifully in no time. It suits my needs perfectly.
on 9 April 2012
Really happy with product and supplier. Recieved within 2 working days and worked straight out of the box. set up took less than 5 minutes and had no issues in the last three weeks since reciept. would recommend whole heartedly
on 20 March 2012
it does the job. thats about it though. disk drive doesnt work and mouse is a little tempramental bt if u wnt it just to browse net and things like that. its does the job
on 11 May 2012
I was toying with the idea of buying a new PC to replace my current Eee box which is powered by an Intel Atom and as such was distinctly underpowered and was only really suitable for browsing the web and sending emails. Looking at new PC's I wasn't prepared to pay several hundred pounds so after much searching I decided to go for this Dell Optiplex 745. I was aware that it wasn't new and for under a hundred quid I wasn't expecting too much but I have to say I am rather pleased with my purchase. For ninety quid you get a dual core intel processor, 2gb RAM and a 80gb hard drive but what pleases me most is that it comes with Windows 7 professional already installed rather than Windows XP which a lot of the other pre-used PC's appear to be loaded with. Another nice touch is that the seller pre-installed AVG anti virus (free edition)on the machine. It also came with a wired keyboard and mouse so all you needed to do was to connect up a monitor and your RJ45 lead and your away.
I did though install a wireless keyboard and mouse, a card reader along with an extra stick of 2gb memory making 4gb in total (This machine is 64bit and will accept upto 8gb per the Dell instruction manual I downloaded).
As mentioned earlier the PC isn't new and the case has a little bit of scuffing here and there but nothing too bad and traces of old sticky labels which were easily removed with some WD40 and a cloth.
I would also add that since using this machine I've noticed my broadband download speed has risen from 20mb with my Eee box to well over 30mb. I reckon it must be something to do with the more powerful processor under the bonnet.
So if your in the market for a PC and not prepared to pay the prices demanded for a new PC then why not consider this machine.
on 7 June 2012
Very dubious about ordering a system which appeared on paper to be "too good too be true!" However, I have set the system up, updated the OS and have run a full burn test. All i can say is its fantastic! Considering how much Windows 7 Professional costs (around £100), this is an absolute bargain and other then a very minor cosmetic dent on the chassis, it arrived as described and is a nimble system.

Critically, the OS has passed the on-line Windows genuine copy verification and updated all the drivers successfully. There are only two minor gripes: The first is only the Vista registration slip is stuck on the chassis but I assume this has been upgraded using OEM licensing. The other gripe is a lose screw on the CD-Rom drive. However at this price, 5 mins with a screw driver is not a big deal. The 80GB hard drive is a bit frugal and the included DVD drive is only a reader so would recommend a full disk copy onto a removable drive as the first thing to do after setting up this system.

This machine is for a friend and the fact that the seller pre-installed Open Office, Skype, VLC and a AV product is much appreciated. For the price paid, this is easily a 5 out of 5 star purchase.

Regards,

Will
on 4 May 2012
First of all I have to say that the company that sold me the computer was fantastic, they were really quick at replying to my inquiry emails, and set up a special page for me on Amazon for an upgraded version of this computer.
To date this computer has performed fantastically, as well as other brand new £600 computers. I cannot fault this item, it is quick, responsive, and easy to use.
It came per-installed with windows 7 and a whole host of other very useful software, such as Skype, virus scanner, etc. Th only drawback is that it does not have a Microsoft office suite, this I quickly remedied by downloading and installing free open office 3 software, which took no more than 2 minutes.

I would recommend this item to anyone looking to buy a new computer that will perform well and stay new and updated for years to come on a budget. This seller and item, just goes to prove that you do not have to spend hundreds of pounds to get a half decent computer that will perform. However if you are looking for a performance computer for HD movies and high end gaming, this computer will do it, but it will most likely wear out very quickly and break, although it does do that well to, I would not use it for that.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse