- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
The Definitive Miles Davis At Montreux DVD Collection 1973-1991 
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
This historically important 10 DVD set captures all of Miles Davis performances at the renowned Montreux Jazz Festival between 1973 and 1991, the last being less than three months before his death. It is an unparalleled archive of live Miles Davis performances and is now being released on a visual format for the first time ever. Although many tracks are repeated across the years the concerts are strikingly individual with extensive improvisation and frequent rearrangements. The final concert from 1991 sees Miles Davis paying tribute to his collaborator and close find Gil Evans who had died in 1988. With Miles philosophy of never look back it was extraordinary that he would agree to perform such a show and it was a truly unique occasion captured here for posterity. Miles Davis is undeniably one of the most important and successful jazz figures of the 20th century. This unrivalled DVD box set of his live performances at Montreux is a release to be truly cherished. Bonus Features On disc one there are full interviews with Claude Nobs, Carlos Santana and Herbie Hancock plus shorter interviews about Miles Davis with Monty Alexander, Helen Merrill, Betty Carter, Charlie Haden, Gil Goldstein, Stanley Clarke, Jean Luc Ponty and Al Di Meola and Michel Petrucciani.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
I was worried about format, since it came from Germany, but it is NTSC (contrary to the description on Amazon UK) and appears to be region free. Very satisfied with the production value of the package.
Other than that, well done, mighty good audio and adequate enough video for the period.