The Definitive Guide to GCC (Definitive Guides (Paperback)) Paperback – 11 Aug 2006
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the reviews of the second edition:
"This book is a user’s guide for some of the more commonly used GNU compilers and their collection of supporting tools. … This would be useful for more advanced users. … It also provides a good starting point for anyone that needs more information than what is in this book." (J. Miller, ACM Computing Reviews, Vol. 49 (2), February, 2008)
About the Author
William von Hagen holds degrees in computer science, English writing, and art history. William has worked with UNIX systems since 1982, during which time he has been a system administrator, systems programmer, software developer, development manager, computing facilities operations manager, writer, documentation manager, and (now) content manager. William has written a number of books, including Linux Filesystems, Installing Red Hat Linux 7, and SGML For Dummies, and he contributed to writing Red Hat 7 Unleashed. He coauthored Mac OS X Power User's Guide with Brian Proffitt. William has written articles and software reviews for publications including Linux Magazine, Linux Format (UK), Maximum Linux, Mac Tech Magazine, Mac Home Magazine, and Mac Directory, and he has written extensive online material for CMP Media, Linux Planet, and Corel.
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I found this book to be of immense value in giving me an instant expertise in the use of the GCC. I had a dual goal project that required the same code to work on both Linux and Windows. This book gave me the knowledge to make that possible in a relatively short time. My time is worth money, your time should be valuable to. Stop depending on dated website trivia and decade old Linux manuals. Step up to the real world and see what the future can do for you. It's covered in this book.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Operating Systems
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Compilers
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Functional Programming
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Architecture