Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£9.99|
Save £3.00 (30%)
Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
This price was set by the publisher.
Deeper than the Dead (Oak Knoll) Kindle Edition
|Length: 433 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled|
Kindle e-ReadersKindle Fire TabletsFire Phones
- Similar books to Deeper than the Dead (Oak Knoll)
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Our heroine Anne Navarre, is a naive school teacher. She has failed to pick up intense unhappiness in several of her pupils prior to their discovering a corpse in this idyllic town, and through her subsequent interaction with them discovers their awful parents, and their awful home lives. She feels it is her responsibility to try to make everything better, and takes on a crusade to investigate the murder.
The story unfolds through the eyes of Anne and the four children who find the corpse. We meet her father, various professionals, police and detectives displaying all spectrums of boys club behaviour, with Vince being a kind of anti-hero, injured and shop-soiled. It is through his meeting with Anne that he makes a journey from Deeper than the Dead to deciding to settle down and retire in the town. Anne makes her journey from naivety through to a gutsy she-wolf performance protecting her young despite serious injury to herself.
I will not spoil the actual plot by detailing it here.
As a woman, Tami Hoag fills in all the details female readers crave and most male writers omit (ie nuances, descriptions of clothes, interiors of houses). It is this attention to detail that captivates the reader, and provides a deeply fulfilling read.Read more ›
"Deeper thanthe Dead" is the lastest book by Tami Hoag. Overall, I enjoyed the book but I was a lttle let down by ending. To me, it felt a little rushed and I also felt let down. Also the relationship between Anne and Vince just didn't ring true to me, it also felt rushed. I liked "Deeper than the Dead" and I am sure that I will read the next book Secrets to the Grave but I am not sure if I would pay full price
Four young children find a corpse, which it is established is the work of a serial killer. Ultimately three of their fathers fall under suspicion, though they are certainly not the only suspects. The author keeps her audience guessing right until the climax which is both tense and action packed. The investigating policemen are a local cop, Detective Mendez and an FBI profiler, Vince Leon who is the obligatory damaged cop, having been shot in the head in an attempted mugging previously. We even have a measure of romance as Vince falls for a local teacher, and whilst I was a bit worried that this was getting a bit soppy at one stage, ultimately it did not divert the tale to its detriment.
Overall an excellent story which I thoroughly enjoyed. Highly recommended!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
First Rate read.. Excellent story and.plausible characters.Published 13 months ago by Billie Nelson
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > Mystery
- Books > Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > Police Procedurals
- Books > Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > Psychological
- Books > Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > Thrillers
- Books > Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > Women Sleuths
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Crime, Thriller & Mystery > Crime Fiction > Serial Killers
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Crime, Thriller & Mystery > Mystery > Police Procedurals
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Crime, Thriller & Mystery > Mystery > Women Sleuths
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Crime, Thriller & Mystery > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Crime, Thriller & Mystery > Thrillers > Psychological
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Literary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Women's Fiction