Customer reviews

Nail'd (PS3)
Platform: PlayStation 3|Change
Price:£2.82 - £21.99

on 23 April 2017
Not a good game. But I bought it to replace a friends that I lost! Great price though!!!!
VINE VOICEon 29 March 2015
If there is one retro video game series that just would not work with a current-generation reboot it is Road Rash. As much as I love the Mega Drive games we have come to expect too much from racing games in the 21st century (not matter the mode of transport) for simple punching and kicking on rural highways to be exciting. Whether you love circuit racers like Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed or insane stunt-fests like Burnout Paradise or Motorstorm Apocalypse you are spoilt for choice when it comes to high speed action. nail'd (spelled with lower-case letters) seems to have been lost in the shuffle, which is fair enough as it doesn't stand out from the crowd from a gameplay or technical aspect, but it could have been a lot better if only the developers had refined a few things.

In terms of environment and extremism the game is very similar to Motorstorm: Pacific Rift but also features mild combat between racers (as seen in Road Rash), but the game moves as such a high speed that any fighting lasts only a split second so why did they even include it at all? It's also very inconsistent regarding what makes you crash. Smack right into a rock wall - you're okay. Lightly touch a harmless twig - INSTANT DEATH!!! What? The action and stunts can be very exciting and satisfying but the game moves at such a high speed that it's often extremely difficult to see where you are going or know which way to go. You'll crash and lose a lot, and it will make you very angry.

The soundtrack is extremely generic. It seems that they went the route of Road Rash and went for grungy rock music, but while that did indeed work in the 90s here it comes across as lazy and cliched. Considering how atmospheric and mesmerizing the soundtrack to Shift 2 is it's sort of strange how I called that game boring and slow, and here we have a game that is extreme and fast that also doesn't work. There IS a happy medium. I'm not completely disagreeable.

You've no chance of earning the Platinum trophies, for many reasons. First of all there's no way anyone is self-hating enough to grind through all of the single player trophies, second the online mode is a wasteland (online trophies should never count towards a Platinum), and third one of the trophies ("And Who's the Best? - Win races on all tracks in all modes) has not been programmed correctly, so you'll never earn it.

In the end it's good enough for a quick play-through of the tournament mode but you'll completely forget about it a week later.
on 21 February 2012
I bought this game right after I played the demo for about 5 hours straight.
You get to race across a variety of races which have little to do with real ones. There are huge HUGE jumps that have nothing to do with reality either. The races are fast and full of action and thankfully not too short as you can get them in some other games. No 20 second lap races here. The sense of speed and height are great.
A very arcade racing game which is worth the money. Try the demo and if you like enjoy it, get it.

As I was playing the demo I found myself keep playing it and actively trying to get a better position and better time. I play many racing/driving games, and I never caught myself doing this since Test Drive 1 and Enduro Racer 25 years ago.

As long as you don't mind playing a racing game with almost no touch to reality, get this, it's a great fun game.
on 25 March 2012
If you are looking for an extremely bonkers, not too realistic but immensly fun driving game then nail'd is for you.

The gameplay is really enjoyable, and you don't have to be an expert on driving games to be good at it. The driving experience is great, the steering isn't too complex, and the courses are epic. I have not yet tried out online modes, but I'm sure these would be as much fun as the tournament mode where you complete different tracks to unlock new areas, getting harder as you get better!

Overall, a great driving game!
on 30 January 2017
Disc scratched and had fingerprints on it no official Microsoft side seal intact so preowned sold as new fraudulent sale.
on 26 February 2015
Excellent game. Brilliant graphics and fast game play. I bought for my son but I think I play it more
on 4 December 2015
Delivered before estimated date and works fine.
on 16 December 2013
I dont know yet about how good it is, But i,m sure my Grandson will let me know, It is what he asked for his Birthday..
on 26 November 2015
grest
on 8 May 2012
TERRIBLE Stay away from this game no matter how cheap it gets. It try's too hard and fails miserably. Visuals are poor, collision detection is hit and miss and you can only just see where you are going, on many occasions you will have to reset after a turn or jump as you cannot see where the track is. The music is ok if you like heavy metal, but why they chose this music is beyond me. Strong advise.... In a word PURE stick with the game PURE.