Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ £2.20 UK delivery
+ £1.99 UK delivery
Dead Island: Definitive Edition
|Price:||£18.17 FREE UK delivery.|
- Includes Dead Island Definitive Edition, Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition and added into the mix of flesh-eating zombie chaos is a brand new side-scrolling/endless runner action game Dead Island Retro Revenge!
- Higher Quality Textures - Game textures have been redone in a higher resolution and the level of quality has been improved across the board
- Photorealistic new lighting system - The lighting system in the game has been vastly improved, providing a much more realistic look, enhancing the stunning tropical setting.
- Physically based shading - The introduction of new physically based shading techniques due to the latest iteration of the Chrome Engine means a higher quality look to the game models and objects as they react in a more realistic way to various lighting conditions.
- Image quality enhancements via anti-aliasing - The addition of more sophisticated anti-aliasing means that console players can now experience Dead Island without unsightly "jaggies" - meaning a much cleaner look throughout.
- Improved-quality game models and geometry assets - All major geometry assets (for example: NPCs and character models) highlight a marked quality increase.
- HBAO and motion blur effects - The introduction of Horizon-based Ambient Occlusion adds an extra layer of depth and realism to the world through a better implementation of object shadows, while the all-new motion blur effects will provide a much more cinematic feel to the game experience.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Platform: PlayStation 4
Deep Silver revisits the iconic bone-crunching terror of the original zombie-slaying smash hit as Dead Island and Dead: Island Riptide shuffle onto a whole new generation of consoles. Featuring fully remastered and greatly improved versions of the series' first two instalments, get ready for the ultimate Dead Island experience.
Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide have been completely overhauled utilising Techland's next gen engine, adding significant visual and performance upgrades, whilst introducing cutting edge current-generation graphical effects.
Dead Island Definitive Collection is a compilation containing Dead Island Definitive Edition, Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition and also includes for free Dead Island Retro Revenge!
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Sounds great, but it's worth mentioning some of the negative points I've come across.
Firstly, the case claims to include Dead Island, Dead Island: Riptide (the full length sequel to the original game) and Dead Island: Retro Revenge (a new side-scrolling retro-style game). This isn't completely honest. Riptide and Retro Revenge are dlc that you have to redeem a code for online to get. If you are an offline player without adequate Internet access (like me) you are only getting the first game if you buy this. This is also worth bearing in mind if you are buying this pre-owned as if the code is missing or one use only, I'm not sure if you'll be able to get the other 2 games.
That aside there are also a couple of gameplay issues I've come across: every now and again one of your attacks will be ignored. A kick won't register, or more commonly, you'll be standing over a fallen enemy slashing away and your attacks won't reach them (this seems to be more common with the analog control scheme (where melee attacks are made using the right analog stick)). Several times I have had to wait for the enemy to start getting up for my attacks to connect. I found this odd that i'm slashing at the ground beneath me with a machete and it doesn't reach. Another issue is if you have a fallen enemy near you and another rushing to you past them. If you kick before they pass the fallen enemy, regardless of how well you aimed at the rushing enemy, the kick will connect with the nearer fallen enemy and the rushing attack will hit you. Not a massively common occurrence, but in a game where 4 hits could drain your health bar and you're frequently fighting a number of enemies, it's an issue nonetheless. Lastly, if you throw melee weapons (a useful ability) you can usually retrieve them, but I have had one go missing inexplicably. More annoying though was when I threw some high level, fully upgraded and modified weapons to thin out an oncoming horde of zombies before fighting a running battle with them down the street. After I finished them all, I returned to find all the weapons I threw had disappeared.
In short, it's a cool, playable game, it looks great and the price is very good if you can obtain and redeem the code for Riptide and Retro Revenge, but it does have issues. If not for the cruel dlc trick, I'd probably give 4 stars rather than 3, but I still have Dead Island and my 360 so this wasn't really a worthwhile purchase for me personally.
Let's start with the bad. When you have to drive it is awful as sometimes the car refuses to steer but luckily you are not forced to drive for long sections of the game as you spend most of your time on foot. The other bad thing is that some doors require you to do some stupid timed movement but luckily these doors are few and far between and I just keep hitting square until they open.
The good. I am playing as the aboriginal woman because she is the gun specialist and her skill trees are fantastic. Her fury skill is very good as it will take down most of the bosses or at very least do a lot of damage. The weapons are fantastic and can be upgraded. For instance you can take a machete, some wires, duct tape and a battery and you have an electrified machete you can throw at zombies and watch them stand doing a hilarious electrocution dance as they die! Also I love my character as she swears at the zombies and her lines are hilarious.
Seriously if you like zombie movies and shows then buy this game. It isn't perfect but for this price it is fantastically enjoyable!
Another "remaster" but my old version doesn't work anymore so why not.
*The downside to this is that the first game comes on disc and the second (Riptide) is a download code! I don't understand this at all and will admit was annoyed when i opened the case.
Has a classic zombie movie feel to the game in a modern environment, it is a brilliant game for co-opping online, possibly the best game I have ever played co-op with friends and family online. And I generally don't like playing online co-op games.
Most recent customer reviews
The other is dlc code