Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 28 February 2014
This is a curious book, but totally worth the read. It is VERY dark in some places, but the rest is so tantalizingly wonderful it helps you put aside the darkness. To have a book where the two lead characters are a 10 year old boy and a piglet is brilliant (and no, it's not a jolly jape in the countryside). The way the stories tie up together at the end is pure GENIUS. Buy this book. And if you haven't already done so, get his other ones while you're at it. You won't regret it.
on 11 March 2014
Amardeep Thinqir ("Deep" for his friends, but he doesn't have any) is 14 years old and lives in a poor family in South London. His Father is Muslim, so Deep has to be too, and his stepmum drinks. One day, on his way from school, Deep stops before the tallest building he has ever seen, because some outlandish things are happening there. As a wanna-be adventurer Deep decides to get to the bottom of it, or better to the top, because there's a girl screaming from the rooftop, and that is something Deep has to amend. So Deep enters the building.

What happens next is hard to say. In any case, the book can not easily be assigned to any specific genre. If I would say something like Alice-in-Wonderland meets The Three little Pigs meets Jaw I would not be right. What begins as an absurd funny story changes to one of the darkest matters conceivable, mixes with fairytale-ish horror only to break through the fourth wall to the reader (meta-fiction at its best). I won't reveal the end, but it moves me to read the book again. By knowing the end, the book reads certainly quite different.

I think Craig Stone manages to balance perfectly on the thin line between comedy, tragedy and nightmares and dreamscapes. This is probably not everyone's cup of tea, but I like to sip from this kind of story any day. Our hero Deep is not saying much ("a cat got his tongue"), but his deep thoughts, that is Deep's thoughts, off the mind of a fourteen-year-old, have moved this reader to think. I would imagine that the basic statements of the book, the thoughts of a deep thinker, can polarize the readership, and will lead to negative reviews. Be it as it may, I thank the author for his boldness - baldness? both!

Unconditional reading recommendation on my part!
on 12 July 2014
Craig Stone changed the way I wrote, for many years I tried to be like everyone else. I tried to appeal to the masses and the agents and the publishers, but then I read "Life Knocks" and realised that I was wasting my time. Mr Stone has a unique style and attitude and whilst I wouldn't dream of trying to emulate his style I have followed his lead and thought f*ck it I'll do it my own way. I self-published at first and then thought f*ck that I'll start my own publishing company.

But this isn't about me, this is about Mr Stone.

As I said earlier he has his own style, he describes things in a way that no one else does. He dabbles in the surreal but is firmly rooted in reality. Deep In The Bin Of Bob follows an improbably named young Muslim on a journey, the journey takes place on a London council estate but that doesn't matter.

You should buy this book and then everything else he has written, get in (fairly) early while you still can.
on 2 April 2014
This is the first book I've ever bought on Kindle. After following Craig on Twitter for some time, and seeing his observations on life, I thought I need to read some of his work. So I went for 'Bob'.
I had no expectations when I started page 1, but by the time I reached 100% (what's wrong with page numbers, Kindle?!) I had been on quite a journey.
Reading this book was like trying to navigate a maze in total darkness - you have no idea which way it'll turn next, and even when you think you know, trust me - you don't.
I'll admit there are some things that my brain couldn't comprehend (that's what late night reading does), but on the whole this is a book I would read again, and recommend to others. In fact, I already have done!
If nothing else, I have a whole new view of Richard Porkins... sorry, Dawkins!
on 13 July 2014
Gripping from the start. Blew my mind. Once I started I had to finish. Didn't put it down. Loved how Craig made sense of it all at the end. Certainly made me think all the way through & raised questions in my mind about life & how things can affect the way we see & question the things around us. 5 stars and more from me. Havent had a book grip me like this for a long long time.
on 14 March 2014
Craig Stone writes books that are different, fresh and full of imagination.

This is a complete departure from his first two books which are outstanding and were always going to be hard to follow.

Fear not, this is an amazing original read. Highly recommended.
on 13 July 2014
Venture...Deep In The Bin Of Bob...a most thought provoking, beautifully descriptive read in which Craig Stone's imagination and depth of thought will make you sit up, squirm a bit, feel wonder and awe and wonder again.
on 10 March 2014
I was drawn into buying this book because of a very entertaining blog post by Craig Stone. Then having bought it I was a little concerned how I was going to get on with it never having read this sort of book before. However I shouldn’t have been. I found it incredibly interesting and thought provoking. There are many things I shall never think about in the same way again, not least of which is Richard Dawkins! Or as I now prefer Richard Porkins! The writing and settings are strangely weird and beautifully brilliant and I feel that anything else I might now read could seem a little ordinary, a little bland in comparison. I would encourage anyone out there to give this book a go – you don’t know what you might be missing until you do!
on 22 July 2014
This is a weird book - a bit like reading a literary version of the Mighty Boosh - and I frequently wondered if the author was on hallucinogenic drugs when he wrote it.

There is little here in the way of story arc or character development, but there is plenty in Craig Stone's writing to enjoy. For me, the lack of coherent narrative and convincing character made this a frustrating read. But, because of the authors imagination, imagery and the descriptive writing, it was also strangely compelling.

I really wanted to like this more than I did.
on 12 March 2014
If I had known the ending I would have seen the story in a different light. The way it all comes together at the end is very clever. It is funny and sad and I particularly like Richard Porkins alias Richard Dawkins. It is very thought provoking It is not my usual type of reading and it is very dark but I like to leave my comfort zone sometimes. Read this with an open mind