on 13 March 2013
Really disappointed with this product! I've been an artist working with brushes and paints all of my life and I bought these specifically for cake decorating as that's what they are advertised as. These arrived and were no different from my artist paint brushes! The hairs off the brushes even fell off on to the cake I was decorating which was my sons first birthday cake. I could have bought these a lot cheaper from a local pound shop. I wouldn't recommend.
22 Comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 April 2013
Any supplier selling this should be ashamed. These brushes are only fit for the bin! The bristles... not sure what they are made from I've never seen anything so poorly made... bristles falling apart. Not fitting for food application. I have no words... no wooorrddss!!!
on 28 May 2013
These are awful for food use. Wish id read the reviews first!! As many others have said on their reviews DO NOT buy for using with food. Bristles fall out before you pick them up.!!! Its worth looking at other brushes that are slightly more money from a seller that actually sells other food items like edible glitters or lustre dusts. Ive thrown them straight in the bin!!!! Avoid!!!!
on 4 May 2013
I was really disappointed with these brushes, I won't be using them. hey are really poor quality the brushes are hard and the stems where splitting. The packaging was really of no use and by the time they got to me the packaging was ripped and open.
I would advise anyone thinking of buying these to not.
on 6 January 2018
very good
on 4 December 2013
On receiving these brushes I was totally annoyed at the extremely poor quality. These brushes are identical to ones I bought from Poundland for, you guessed, £1:00! These were for my grandchildren to use for painting and even they did not like them. They are absolutely NOT suitable for food use as the bristles fall out every time they are used. I believe these brushes should be removed from sale as being suitable for food use. PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT BUY. Only good thing is Amazon did arrange a refund in a short time.
on 6 March 2014
as general paintbrushes these would be fine and that is what they are now being used for. However as brushes for cake decorating they were sub standard they shed on the fondant I was painting despite being washed before hand. would not recommend these for food use.
on 30 December 2013
I brought this product so that I could use it on cakes but I cannot the paint brushes are loose and the ends fall out onto the cake it is then a nightmare to try and pick them off without making unwanted marks in the cake. Do not buy they are cheap and bad!
on 20 May 2013
If you pay cheap for something that is what you are going to get. The brush ends are loose and some have even fallen off. I would not use these in cake making and the only thing they were useful for was when painting the kitchen getting in awkard places.
on 14 November 2014
DONT waste your money. These are cheap brushes and would recommend you throw them away as so. As you received them. The bristles, if you can call them that, were stuck together and hard. When I tried to separate the bristles they came out in my hand. They are now all in the bin