Deconstruction and Pragmatism Paperback – 5 Sep 1996
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Chantal Mouffe should be commended for her work in putting this excellent collection of essays together. It offers a serious challenge to rationalist conceptions of democracy and also gives readers a good idea of the conflicts and convergences between the deconstructionist and pragmatist approaches to politics."
-"American Catholic Philosophical Quarterly
"In recent years there have been some striking convergences between Pragmatism and Deconstruction. But there are also significant ways in which these philosophical orientations swerve away from each other and seem incommensurable. Chantal Mouffe's lucid introduction sets the stage for a lively exchange between Richard Rorty and Jacques Derrida. Their crossfire is enriched by the contributions of Simon Critchley and Ernest Laclau. Altogether a splendid and illuminating feast of agnostic debate."
-Richard J. Bernstein, Vera List Professor of Philosophy, Graduate Faculty, New School for Social Research
From the Back Cover
Derridean deconstruction and Rortian pragmatism are both accused by their enemies of undermining our ideas of truth and reason, but do their ideas lead to intellectual and political chaos? Both are committed to the democratic project but they reject the necessary link between universalism, rationalism and modern democracy and seek to clarify what is at stake intellectually and politically.See all Product Description
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Academic History
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > British Heads of State
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > History & Criticism > Key Critics
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > History & Criticism > Literary Theory & Movements
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Academic Philosophy
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Philosophy > History
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Philosophy > Philosophers