on 30 August 2014
Deceiving Destiny follows on closely from where the first book, Burning Bridges, ended. Whilst the drama from Burning Bridges has simmered down a bit at the start of this book, you can be sure that it builds up again as the book gets going. Instead of complete drama this installment focuses more on the relationships and history of the characters. Echo and Ayden's relationship develop, although challenged by sudden newcomer Kahl. Although love triangles have become a little cliché in current YA fiction, Nadege Richards adds a more interesting side to it. Whilst Kahl loves Echo, he is also key to the plot as he seems to have a lot of answers to questions where we were all "what the heck?". That and the fact that Echo doesn't instantly fall for him, because lets face it that's not really Echo's style. Although I personally felt some parts of the book were a little rushed, and could have been slowed down and explored more, it doesn't distract from the story any. All in all a great book and a good return to the world of Echo and Ayden.
on 31 May 2013
I loved the first book Burning Bridges and I couldn't wait for the second instalment Deceiving Destiny. The story picks up seamlessly from where it left off and now I've finished it I'm left waiting for the third book in the trilogy Fleeting Fires. A very enjoyable read and excellent value for money. Author Nadege Richards is one to look out for!
on 11 May 2013
Reviewer: Kay
Rating: 5 out of 5 Fairies

Deceiving Destiny is the second installment from The Bleeding Heart Trilogy. After reading Burning Bridges, I was left desperate for more, and Ms Richards did not disappoint.

Deceiving Destiny picks up right where Burning Bridges left off, and the transition is seamless. There's nothing worse than a sequel that spends half the book going over something I already know, and thankfully Ms Richards spares us this tiresome task. Almost instantly, I was immersed back in the lives and the journey of Echo and Ayden who are not just fighting for their own lives but for that of their friends and families. Echo has now grown into the role of princess, although she does not see herself that way, but she has accepted that others do. Echo is stronger than when we first met her. The people now look to her as a source of reassurance and guidance, and she lives up to this. I really wanted to see how the romantic relationship between Echo and Ayden was progressing. I love this aspect of the story.

I feel Ms Richards writing has matured along with her characters. I really enjoy the style of her writing; she gives just enough description that fires your imagination. Ms Richards does not insult the reader with unnecessary words and long winded descriptions nor does she pad out her stories, but instead, she makes every word count. When you purchase a Nadege Richards book, you know two things; firstly you're in for an excellent read and secondly you get complete value for money. The only bad thing is that I got through Deceiving Destiny so quickly that I have a long wait for the third installment Fleeting Fires, and I cant wait!

I give this book a full and well deserved 5 Bexstars! Well done Ms Richards another triumph!

Disclosure: This ebook was provided by the author in exchange for an HONEST and not necessarily positive review.
on 18 March 2013
Deceiving Destiny follows in from Burning Bridges, and the first thing I instantly loved about this book is that it followed straight on from Burning Bridges and the story continued smoothly. One of the things I dislike about reading a series of books is when the first few chapters goes over explaining things I already spent a whole book reading about, but Nadege Richards avoided all that and I loved that.

I was looking forward to seeing the romance side of Echo and Ayden's story, what I wasn't expecting was the real responsibilities the couple take on, and how much their relationship matures in the short time they are together, whilst keeping a touch of their innocence mixed in there, too.

Speaking of maturing, I really feel that Nadege's writing itself has matured greatly. Without trying to take anything away from Burning Bridges, which I really enjoyed, Deceiving Destiny gave me a feeling that as Echo and Ayden were maturing together, so was Nadege's writing, which I personally thought was really good.

A standout point for me was the way the characters, especially some of the new ones, and the world that Echo and co are living in were so vividly written. A really good book is one that you can recreate in your own head and I found myself picturing things in my head very clearly.

The story keeps us going to the end. I had so many questions throughout that kept me turning the pages, eager for answers. Would Echo and Ayden keep the others safe? Would they reach Kylon and find allies? Just who is the boy with the amber eyes Echo keeps seeing in her dreams? And many more. I really needed to see how it all panned out and loved every page.

I really enjoyed Burning Bridges, but I loved Deceiving Destiny even more. I cannot wait to read Fleeting Fires to see how this story ends!
How to sum this up in one word? Awesome. I have just finished reading this and I'm blown away.

Deceiving Destiny starts right where Burning Bridges leaves off. Echo and Ayden are no longer fighting just for their lives but for the lives of their friends and family too. I'm not going to go into details about what happens or doesn't happen in this book. If you want to know then you are going to have to read it yourself. But I can guarantee you will not be disappointed.

The Echo in this book is much stronger than the Echo we met in Burning Bridges, she has grown, and while she no longer see's herself as the Princess she accepts that this is how others still see her and that they look to her for guidance and reassurance and she is able to give them that.

This was THE best book to start my new year with and I am happy that I had that chance. If you haven't started reading The Bleeding Heart trilogy yet then you best get a move on.
on 23 October 2013
Returning to the world of Echo and Ayden, the second instalment in Nadege Richards Trilogy! Echo is a hybrid leader, brave and determined. Amidst exploring her love for Ayden, and the forbidden lands that hold the answer to everything, Echo finds Kahl; the boy who manifests in her dreams , and the answer to all her questions. Deceiving Destiny not only makes you jump off your seat at every word, but also leaves you impatient and daring. The way Richards has explored every concept is impeccable. Her work is unprecedented! Her characters are unique and well written. If you haven't read this yet, you are outta your mind!!!
on 6 January 2013
Nadege Richards
Deceiving Destiny
Book 2 in The Bleeding Heart Trilogy

Burning Bridges left me wanting more, so when Deceiving Destiny was finally released I couldn't wait to read it. Only problem now is that I don't want to wait for the final instalment in the trilogy.

This book starts off where the first book left off, and I was soon fully immersed again in Echo and Ayden's journey. With so many more twists and turns, this story kept me gripped and I found myself completely lost in my imagination with the descriptive nature of the story. Well written and fast paced, I just couldn't put this book down.

There is so much more to come from this trilogy, and from this author.

I received a copy from the author in return for an honest review.
on 6 October 2013
We follow the journey of Echo & Ayden in the first of these books, Burning Bridges, into the second Deceiving Destiny, it followers on perfectly. A truly marvellous read, exciting & passionate. I'm now waiting patiently for the third book Fleeting Fires. The author Nadege Richards is one wonderful writer ;) x