Customer reviews

Deathtrap (Broslin Creek)
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.99

on 23 June 2013
A story well written, full of suspense, romance, twists and turns, and a great standalone read or as the followup to "Deathscape". Dana has a way of drawing you in to feel the emotion, wonder at the deja vie incidents, and the ending......... you'll have to read it to find out, and its worth it!!!
on 26 July 2013
Wow, wow what an intense & on tender hooks story line. I absolutely loved this story line between Bing & Sophie. It is a must must read so it's highly, highly recommended, so go for it. Can't wait for DeathWatch :-D
on 24 November 2013
This kept me engrosed to the very end. It was well written and I would recommend this to anyone who wants a romantic thriller read.
on 3 June 2013
I was lucky to receive a preview copy and I could not put this book down.

Dana is a pure genius, she mixes a fully developed crime/mystery in with a thrilling romance full of unexpected twists and turns. The characters are fully developed and suck you in with their personal struggles, thoughts and leave you wanting to read more, know more and feel more. The plot keeps you guessing until the very end and the romantic flows throughout with light and shade.
So stop reading my review and get clicking on the buy button.

Oh and don't forget to recommend this to your friends!!
on 17 July 2013
Sophie Curtis is recovering from a heart transplant. Strange events keep happening to her. As a result police chief Ethan Bing comes into her world. He's emotionally damaged after his wife was murdered two years ago. The case remains unsolved.

Another murder occurs, with some similarities to the death of Bing's wife. As Ethan starts to investigate he finds himself getting closer to Sophie.

I have to admit, I made an error when choosing this book to review. I thought I was picking up a thriller novel, however very quickly I thought, `This is a romance first and foremost, it just happens to be wrapped around a crime.' So, I'm not really the ideal target audience for this story.

That being said I wasn't particularly convinced by the crime / thriller element. It felt like a convenient wagon to hitch the romance onto. The opening pages, where Bing investigates the first murder, felt somewhat contrived and forced. The criminal elements and even the solving of the crime itself were at times too convenient.

Twice friends of Ethan are introduced via a phone call. Both are incredibly unrealistic - one was tortured for three days by a serial killer and then buried alive (he survived). The other was a guy who'd hooked up with a woman in an FBI witness protection programme that went wrong. They simply pop up for a few paragraphs, then are gone. Perhaps they're characters from past or future books, but it wasn't clear and it jarred.

The flow of the book was intermittent stages of developing romance between Ethan and Sophie (which I got fed up on, but again, I'm not the right target audience) and then another step forward in the investigation and so on. It's a very gentle story for one that includes murder and adultery. Sophie several times says `Dang darn it' when something goes wrong. Very polite. By the way, this is an observation, not a criticism.

So, not my type of book but I didn't think it was particularly well put together. But I'm sure there will be many people that will find it very enjoyable, so what do I know?

**Originally reviewed for Books and Pals blog. May have received free review copy.**
on 29 December 2013
There is more than one murder being investigated as well as a love story developing. I like this series of books and I do enjoy the characters. Bing and Sophie are very nice people and the background of the heart operation adds a little extra interest to the story. Well written and enjoyable.
on 12 January 2014
Have read three of the series all good reads interesting storylines with a good balance of crime and romance
would recommend for good quick reads
i
on 1 February 2014
Really enjoyed this book. Good story line that really held my interest. Will definitely read more of this author's books.
on 2 June 2013
It is a very good book lots of twists and turns, I thought I had
worked out who had done the murder only to discover the prowler was not
who I expected.

This continued on through the book. A very good Intrigue, mystery and
romance all rolled into one. This book once begun is very difficult to
put down. I cannot wait until Dana writes the next book. Dana's books never
disappoint the reader.
on 21 August 2014
When this started out with heart transplant patient Sophie worrying about body memory and Bing having lost his wife I was concerned it would get predictable and maybe a little tacky. I shouldn't have been concerned, Dana Martin delivered again with finesse. It was nice to see another side of Bing and Sophie, despite all the problems she faced proved herself to be a strong independent woman.