Apologies, but I did not read this book in full, as too many of the authors were unknown, and of those that I do read, I wasn't able to get into the LA Banks tale, which was disappointing, as I only ended up reading three novellas.

Sookie's tale was not entirely believable, as her adventures with Pam were so out of character, and Erik, overbearing and protective lover that he is, would never have allowed her to go on a mystery mission/vacation without him, and to be placed in danger. Lapdancing, poledancing and lesbianism hints - SO not Sookie. 2*

Cat and Bones - an excellent tale, in which we see the leads on vacation, but having to pull bodyguard duty to a young spolied heiress who takes a fancy to bones. We also see Bones and Jasmina getting on a touch better together, and the latter starting to accept her life as a vampire. Add in the romance between Cat and Bones and a couple of really hot sex scenes, and this is a 5* novella that tides the reader over til the Feb2011 release of the next full-length tale.

Katie Macalister takes you on a riot of a tale with Effrajim - Jim - from the Aisling Grey novels. Aisling, Drake and twins are off on a cruise, so Jim gets left with a sitter, and is to be taken to Paris to see his true love, Cecile, but things don't go to plan. The sitter's evil assistant banishes him to the Akasha in human form, complete with 'unimpressive package', and it's up to Jim to find his way out, meeting various trials and truibulations. A real laugh-a-minute tale, with poor Jim obsessing over his less-than-adequate man-bits, with a female character 'channelling her inner Paris Hilton', Jim singing a pop song (hits the spot, but I can't remember which one, unfortunately) for 72 hours solid before his jailers give in in desperation, Jim in human form meeting his doggie-love Cecile, who is totally confused...it just went on and on. 5*

Overall, I got my tide-me-over-til-the-next-full-length-novel-release fix of my fave authors from this antho.
on 11 May 2013
Brilliant book , excellent condition.Anything written by Charlaine Harris ( or in this case co-written ) is bound to be a winner.
on 24 April 2015
Humorous, Scary and well written , a great mix of writers and stories , all very different, well worth a read.
on 26 April 2012
For those going to buy this book for the Jeaniene Frost's Cat and Bones short story. This is the same story that features in the magic graves collection. Worth buying for that alone if nothing else. havent been introduced yet read it youll want more
on 16 June 2015
Great reading. I love all charlaine harris books.
on 7 December 2014
Good buy came quickly loved the short stories
on 17 May 2012
I don't review books but I cannot see any other way of removing this from my account. Its bugging me so aloha!
on 31 October 2010
I bought most of books by Charlaine Harris. I like so much all of them.
I hope, especially Sookie Stackhouse series goes on.
on 9 November 2012
Have gotten rather bored of reading this book 😒. Read the first 3 story's and can't be bothered picking it up again. Going to skip to reason why I bought it........story by Katie MacAlister.