on 5 May 2014
OK, like many others, I have most of the stories here, but it's a lovely edition to look at and read and great to have them together. The High Cost of Living and The Time of Your Life also updates the story of Hazel and Foxglove, the gay couple from A Game Of You. The "new" story, The Wheel, concerning a boy who's mother is killed in the 9/11 attacks, is simple and very moving, and brought a tear to this reviewers eye.
on 5 November 2016
When we think of death we imagine a skeleton with a stick. Let's flip it, imagine if death was this cute goth girl. Well that would be different. Death is a pretty goth chick who loves and listens to everybody. She's a real cool character, someone you would want as a friend. She's complex and interesting. The story's in the book all have great meaning and Neil gaiman is a true master in telling a good story. Neil makes us think, makes us question and makes us analyse. Any writer to do this is a great writer. I recommend this comic.

The artwork is good, but nothing compared to the overture. It is still beautiful and fits well with the story, it works perfectly.

Neil gaiman is a legend and he succeeds yet again. I have read all of sandman and this only adds to his legacy. This is for the thinkers. If anyone ever turns around and says comics are for kids, you can give them this and I'm sure you will change there opinion and life at the same time.
on 31 October 2013
I thought this was very reasonably priced and it looks great. I would go so far as to say a must have for any fans of the series.
on 14 July 2015
A very nicely presented book.I thought it a better buy than the Absolute edition,of which I have all the other Sandman material.But the shelves are groaning,and this isn't so long as to warrant to upgrade,in my opinion.As for the contents,of course it's a must have for all fans of Morpheus and his family...and if you're not already a fan,you've missed out.But there is time to correct that,just start with Dreams and Nocturnes.not this,it probably won't sit in any context you would have.
on 19 May 2013
guess we all who look for this know how great these stories are?????? but this is really nice edition......a good size and a good price.....roll on the sandman omnibus...ps defo in english
on 17 August 2015
Fantastic book, super-quick delivery, decent price, can't ask for more ;)
on 11 December 2012
I was really happy when this arrived!I love neil gaiman and I think that the Death stories are among his best work. the illustration is also very good!
on 29 February 2016