Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 July 2007
Won't give away anything here but I loved the entire series of this manga (and the anime) and this last volume keeps you gripped all the way through its so awesome. You really don't until the end who's going to win, and it really depends who's side you're on as to whether you'll like the end or not.

Anyway who hasn't got into to Death Note yet should, I've never read a manga that's affected me so much (it's been three days since I finished and I'm still thinking about the ending!.
on 25 May 2014
I don't know what I can say about this amazing book series that I haven't said in my other glowing reviews. I won't mention any spoilers but this book ended is a satisfying and conclusive manner. I feel sad that the series is over, but it had to end and I can't wait to re-read all 12 volumes in the future. I really recommend this series to anyone who loves good, intelligent writing and fantastic lead characters.
on 5 November 2010
No other book, whether manga or solely text, has captivated me as much as this. When the last book came through in the post two hours ago I spent a few minutes mentally preparing myself for the book. I bought the first Death Note almost a year ago now. I bought 2 and 3 a few weeks after as I could not always find stores stocking them, and my journey has finally come to an end. As the ending neared I found I was getting worried as whether the book's ending would justify it, I dreaded seeing either Light or Near fail due to a mere mistake, such as when I forget my keys when I walk outside of my house. And I was not disappointed. I was never purely on either side. Originally I agreed with Light's morals and if I found a Death Note I would follow his path, but I found L becoming my favourite character. When he died, I began to support Light again, although I found myself gradually moving to Near's side in books 8-12 as I found his character the most fascinating of all, as Light lost his mind even more. I was thrilled by the ending and tried to view the ending standing as a neutral so I could base my judgement on the plot, rather than what happened to a specific character. I only hope I can find something else to spend my time on as I read 1-10 three times while waiting for 11 and 12 to arrive. I applaud Tsugumi Ohba.
on 14 December 2008
The final volume of the quite frankly amazing manga series Death Note is at least in my view the best. Everything you would hope for in a final. A epic showdown massive stakes at hand and only one side is gonna walk out of this alive. The odds are 50/50 Gods or geniuses who will win?

I wont tell anything here but I loved the ending. I can see why some wouldnt but it is a fantastic way to close one of the best things I have ever been lucky to be a fan of. Oh and yes this ends all of the plot points the battle with Mello Near and Kira is over.

Overall I read this whole series a little while back and I now own the extra volume,the anime,the films and the spin off novel and loved all of it! (reviews of them will come later on)

----Alexander Gradwell/Venomtheevil----
on 24 April 2010
What a great finale for a great series. I won't spoil anyone enjoyment, but this is really what you want to read/watch after travelling on the journey. And you will still have a laugh at it while thinking "god, is this really happening?" just like if you were there inside the story.

Now that's finished, I'll have to find another great manga to fill in the gaps left by this masterpiece. And, give it some time, and I'll go back to it and start it from the first volume, but it will have to be a long time, long enough to forget at least some bits (yeah, I won't forget it easily).

Buy one volume per week, take your time reading each page and admiring the art involved in the drawings, and find a perfect shelf to showcase them all.
VINE VOICEon 31 January 2009
This twelfth and final volume of Death Note sees the series come to a brilliant end with the final confrontation between Light and Near in an abandoned warehouse. This final volume is possibly the best volume of the entire series with some brilliant suspense, great plot twists and all the various plans coming together as Near and Light try to outmanoeuvre each other.

Death Note has been an excellent series and this final volume gives the series an appropriately complicated and intelligent finale. If you want an exciting action packed manga then this wont be for you, but if you want a brilliantly intelligent and well written series then this is definitely for you.
on 23 April 2010
Death note is in my opinion the best manga series of all time, and this last novel is no exception. I won't spoil the ending for anyone, but I will say, if you loved all the other volumes, then you'll love this one too. An essential purchase for any manga/ death note fan. Especially if you like detective and mystery type manga.
VINE VOICEon 11 January 2009
this is the best manga series out there, great stuff. am not going to comment on story, as that would spoil it for anyone who hasn't read deathnote yet, but if you haven't you must
on 7 February 2015
Thanks, now gave a happy daughter.
on 9 September 2014