- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 4096 KB
- Print Length: 814 pages
- Publisher: Tamara Rose Blodgett; 2 edition (28 Dec. 2013)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00AX19UG6
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 102 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #2,451 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Death Series, Books 1-3: A Dark Dystopian Paranormal Romance Kindle Edition
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Despite my young adult years being just a fond memory, I have thoroughly enjoyed myself reading about the exploits of this group of teenagers. The main characters are immediately likable, including the canine and zombie. Don't be put off by the classification as the storyline is rich and characters well developed enough for us adults that are maybe only young at heart nowadays. You'll most definitely recognize a little of yourself and people you know in this group of friends and enemies. And that's part of the charm of this series of novels. It's about the human condition but well balanced with humour, action, zombies and a bit of skull bashing.
I generally like this sort of light frothy teen paranormal drama and always read the series before passing it on to my teenage stepson... In this case however I will not be recommending or passing this book on
The dialogue is frustrating and the 'teachy' parts (when someone gets an unfamiliar word explained for them) are just irritating. Especially ironic when there is enough of a smattering of incorrectly used words in the text.
The 'preachy' parts are inconsistent. Lots of reminders about inclusive or non-biased language, then a comment about foreigners being 'obviously' not American (maybe it was ironic, but it didn't come across that way). Someone else has already commented on the eating issue, and that is also an irritation.
Oh, and I would also agree with another reviewer that (Onyx) the dog's thoughts are largely superfluous.
It does feel as though it has some good ideas to develop. Unfortunately it's not going to get the chance with me, I think.
Young adult fiction really can be better than this.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I’m going to read everything by this author now and I'm absolutely loving it.Published 23 days ago by Amazon Customer
Good read, looking forward to the next instalment I liked the way the book turned in 3 Clyde is my favoruite zombiePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Enjoyed the series and will read the next installments, however I didn't appreciate 50% of the book being samples for other books.Published 1 month ago by Rachel92
Thoroughly enjoyed reading all three books and an interesting take on paranormal abilitiesPublished 6 months ago by H Bayliss
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Romance > New Adult
- Books > Romance > Romantic Comedy
- Books > Romance > Science Fiction
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Urban
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > New Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Romantic Comedy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Science Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Urban
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering