The Death of Anglo-Saxon England Hardcover – 20 Nov 1997
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The chapters within this book are as listed below:
The Making and Unmaking of Aethelred the 'Unraed'
Power and Legitimacy: Danish Kingship and its Opponents
Crisis, Mishap and Opportunity: English Kingship 1035-1065
1066: Succession and Crisis
The book is lavishly illustrated with both maps and black and white photographs, with a center section of 8 pages of color photographs. The world of politics, ambition, intrigue of Anglo-Saxon England are well explored in this volume. A true value at present Amazon prices, years back I paid $15.98 for my copy. Well recommended by one who enjoys reading books centered on the events of 1066.
Another volume entitled HAROLD; THE LAST ANGLO-SAXON KING sit side-by-side on my library shelves. Both these books may be of interest to readers who enjoy this period.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Anglo-Saxon 500-1000
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Black Death
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Ireland
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Norman and Medieval 1001-1500
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Wars of the Roses
- Books > History > Europe > Vikings, Dark Ages, Medieval Europe 501-1500
- Books > History > World History > 501-1500