Dealing with Contaminated Sites: From Theory towards Practical Application Hardcover – 17 Jan 2011
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the reviews:
“This book takes on the formidable task of bringing the interdisciplinary and diverse aspects … of contaminated site investigation together in one place. … Each chapter of this book is written as a ‘stand alone’ subject discussion … . The stand alone chapter design does allow readers to pick and chose which chapters they wish to read and in what sequence. … I found the discussions on viewing soils as a valuable and potentially nonrenewable resource to be an important and critical topic.” (Mark Sprenger, Integrated Environmental Assessment and Management, Vol. 8 (1), January, 2012)
'This is an ambitious book that deals with contaminated sites from beginning to end. It provides an excellent framing for the assessment and management of sites and provides chapters with enough detail to provide a reader with a launching point to delve into the literature. It is very well suited to an upper year/graduate level course in contaminated site management because it deals with all four disciplines involved in contaminated site managements provides substantive introduction to the key issues in these disciplines that influence site management and remediation. I highly recommend adding this book to your library.' Steven Siciliano, Professor of Soil Toxicology, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK. Canada.
‘Every EPA in Romania should buy this book and use it as a bible.’ Dr. Marie-Jeanne Adler, Ddirector of the National Institute of Hydrology and Water Management, Bucharest, Romania
‘Thanks for having assembled this on behalf of the contaminated land community. A perfect balance of theoretical underpinning and practical application of science, which is exactly the gap that was missing among current books on the subject’. Prof. Simon Pollard, Cranfield University, UK
‘The book provides in-depth analysis in environmental standard development, environmental economics and policy. We believe that the book will give high-level theoretical guidance for effective management of contaminated sites in China’. Prof. Fasheng Li, Chinese Research Academy of Environmental Sciences, Beijing, P.R.China
‘I strongly recommend this book for graduate students and researchers working with Environmental Soil Science’.
Prof. Luis Alleoni, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners
- Books > Home & Garden > Gardening > Professional Horticulture > Soil Science
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geology > Soil Science
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Environmental
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Environmental
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Conservation
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Natural Resources Management
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Environmental Engineering