on 6 January 2015
I found this DVD game ridiculously slow and clunky to play. I've only played it once and found completing even that one game a chore. I have played this game in various other formats and found them much more enjoyable. Actually the non-electronic version of the board game was the best, so technology isn't always an advantage - Go old school! If you have the patience of a saint, I'm sure this DVD game is great. If not, expect much eye-rolling and frustration.
on 21 March 2007
I agree with all of the bad feedback posted here. Two games was enough before I took this DVD back. I experienced most of the problems listed here, and would like to add the fact also that the amounts in the boxes when opened were not random - I had an entire board of nine reds halfway through! Took me nearly an hour to play one single game because of the awful method of selecting boxes!
I don't know who designed this DVD game, but with such little thought put into this DVD game, over the real show which was so superior, I'm left thinking, why was this even put onto the market? I think they released this just to try and rake in money.
I KNOW they can do better than this.
on 20 November 2006
I bought this DVD for my mum for her birthday and we played it straight away. We enjoyed it but there are a couple of things wrong with the game:

First of all you can only play with box 5, there is no choice. Secondly, it takes a long time to load everything and a long a time to scroll through the boxes when choosing which one to open, which gets very tedious. This makes the game twice as long than it needs to be! Thirdly if you choose the 'Swap' option at the end, it is always box 11 that you swap with. My mum had number 5 (her box) and swapped with number 6 but someone (not Noel) opened number 11! Also, there is no build up when the box is opened at the end and if you choose to swap it is not even Noel who opens the box and then the game just ends...very disappointing.

I got the feeling after playing that the game had been rushed out in time for Christmas with no real thought or planning, resulting in a disappointing version of the TV show.
on 27 November 2006
My god! i cannot believe how bad this game actually is. It is ridiculously slow, me and my girlfriend played it for bout 20 mins, got to round 3 and switched it off due to being so utterly bored of it. really expected it to be far better then this, i think most people will be very disapointed.
on 28 November 2006
Stay away from this rubbish.

It hasnt been put together very well at all. My copy is wining its way back to amazon due to a read error.

There is no point in choosing a box as the DVD will open what it likes.

UNPLAYABLE, better deal or no deal games online for free !!
on 29 December 2006
The gameshow has caught the imagination of the viewing public due to its simplicity and smooth flowing style.

Unfortunately, the DVD game doesn't keep to these basic requirements. It is the biggest let-down ever and how ANYONE can give this 5 stars I'll never know. The game is unbelievably slow and this is perfectly illustrated at the start, If you choose to open a box in the middle range of the 21 boxes available then you have to scroll through each box one at a time to get to the one you want - NIGHTMARE! What's more you have no idea which boxes you have still to open as no reminder is available. In the 'noughties' you shouldn't have to use pen and paper.

If only the developers had spent a little more time perfecting the product instead of rushing it out for Xmas!

If I could give this no-stars I would - Don't Buy It!!!!
on 26 November 2006
I cannot begin to describe how appalling this DVD really is.

How it got through testing at the designers I have no idea - it is so flawed, and it is obvious it is flawed within two minutes of playing it.

Other reviewers have already described the problems, continuity, lack of atmosphere, slow etc - but the worst aspect is the most important - the fact you have to scroll through box by box to get the one you want, taking absolutely ages.

I would recommend you give this DVD a very wide berth...
on 5 August 2007
If you read the title you will get my point, this dvd game is so slow its unbeleiveable, and i have a top-end DVD player..

We bought this game at christmas, near the time of its release after seeing it advertised, so we thought great! that should be fun for when the family comes over! WRONG!!!

When everyone had finished their annual Feast of turker etc we stuck it in and started to play, after opening 3 boxes we had enough, it was so slow. This disc alone dampened the mood of the party, adleast a little bit anyway because we all had high hopes for it, but it wasnt bad enough to ruin christmas (a few more glasses of sherry sorted that out).

So, if you are eyeing this up thinking, that should be fun, it wont and it is slower than Jade Goodie trying to learn algebra. AVOID!!!!
on 4 December 2006
I bought this as a present for my dad who loves the show, But the dvd is such a let down it's slow boring constanly freezing and is really not as good as made out to be.

I advise anyone not to buy this product save you money and just watch the show.
on 25 November 2006
I, like many of the other reviewers, am a huge fan of the series. I can't help feeling tho that is a complete botch job - in a pure attempt to rake in the money.

The game is so slow, you cannot pick the boxes you want without taking an age to do so. The studio authenticity and players do give something to it (who else remembers Morris the poet on Box 15 or Nick, founder member of the 1p club on Box 10).

Noel's clips are repetitive and out of sequence (you can have had an all blue first round and still get him tutting!!!)

The only redeeming feature is the player vs banker round, but even that takes an age!!!

Come one, pull your finger out gamemakers and make a darn sight better version for next year - even one that allows me not to predict that everytime you put the disk in your machine, be it CD, Pc or whatever, that you get £750 quid in your box first game!!!!!